Dealer- poor service? | FerrariChat

Dealer- poor service?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by gundruks, Nov 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gundruks

gundruks Rookie

Jul 17, 2010
    Hello All
    I recently took my Cali T for annual service and when home I found out that one of my window switches (the button that connects to the top of the actual switch) was broken. I was stunned to find this as I take meticulous care of the car. I subsequently called the dealer and was told it would be taken care of. Days later, I drove back to the dealer (50+ miles away one way) and they basically repaired it by "gluing" the broken button onto the switch. Refused to replace the actual broken button as apparently Ferrari no longer sells them and for a proper repair, part of the center console essentially needs to be replaced with new switches and buttons, apparently a $2k plus job. I was told that broken switches were a "common" problem on the Californias and Ferrari subsequently later changed to a more robust switch. Anyway, I write to ask, was this really an acceptable fix? Least to say I was very unhappy. The service advisor told me that they have fixed such broken switches in this manner, but I'm still concerned, who knows how long the "glued" switch will last. By the way the car is past its 3yr warranty. Thanks for any feedback/opinions.

2. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Welcome. Hope you’re enjoying your car otherwise. Sounds like an iffy repair to me, but you’ll probably have better luck posting your question in the model specific thread for the California/Portofino/Roma. Tons of knowledgeable folks there who have probably dealt with this problem.

3. gundruks

gundruks Rookie

Jul 17, 2010
    Thanks, will do. I have definitely been enjoying it otherwise.

4. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    not sure what dealer you are working with but I have been getting cars serviced by FOW for the last at least 10 years and have always been VERY satisfied ask for James
    he has taken GREAT care of me.. and I am 200 plus miles away he picks the cars up and gets things done.......I have always happy with the results
    LarryH

ROMO, Piper and Gh21631 like this.