Dashcam for 812 | FerrariChat

Dashcam for 812

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Mshayegan, Aug 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mshayegan

Mshayegan Rookie

Jun 20, 2020
    Full Name:
    Massimo Shayegan
    Hi All, hope everyone is well!

just wanted to know what would be the best dashcam to fit to an 812 for added security while parked and on the road?

I know I wouldn’t want to drain the battery and be stranded once parked out and about. And also something that wasn’t too large and would be inconspicuous in the windows.

many thanks for your help!

2. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
  3. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    A somewhat related question that I’ve pondered - would you also place a prominent sign on the dashboard when parked (removable of course) which says ‘CCTV recording’ or something to that effect?

To me, it might deter people who would otherwise touch the car, sit on the bonnet for a photo etc...

Or is this too aggressive and maybe backfires?!

nimamd likes this.
  4. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
  5. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Blackvue is definitely the right choice. you can also hard wire it to the car with a "Power Magic Pro" which let you define how long after you stopped the car you want the camera to record. You can also set it based on battery level (for example, shut the camera off when battery voltage goes below 12V). I have done the complete hardwire install of my blackvue 750 on my Lusso, and documented it in F-chat.

6. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    I’m using the Blackvue DR900S-2Ch on our Range Rover, and the Thinkware U1000 on the Pista. I like the Thinkware much more - app is easier to use, recording quality is better at night, and it has battery voltage cutoff built in.

I have both systems connected to the Blackvue B124X Power Magic Ultra Battery backup

7. sandman03456

sandman03456 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Just installed the Garmin Tandem in the Lusso. It has a forward and rear-facing camera and will record events while parked during a preset amount of time of up to four hours.