Countdown to FF facelift reveal? | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Countdown to FF facelift reveal?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by fchatid, Jan 12, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    RACE stock is down 29% since the IPO. That makes it undervalued IMO.

2. Noblesse Oblige

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    You make good points, I think. Central styling creations have been ... er "mixed" (IMO). Let us hope that they get on track.

3. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    1.6% forecast profit growth for 2016 did not fill traders with confidence as to the upside. I expect Sergio will pull a rabbit out at some point

4. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Was the orinal V8 California done by Ferrari in house Central Styling?
    If so at least they at least acknowledge their mistakes.
    The T is a vast improvement looks wise.

5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Flavio Manzoni arrived at Ferrari in the beginning of 2010 and created the in house design department after that. The California was introduced in 2008 from what had originally been conceived as a Maserati product...

The FF is simply an evolution; the revolution will come when the wild new California arrives a year later. The California replacement will represent the beginning of a new design era at Ferrari.

6. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Any of us that have started and built our own companies will know that we made mistakes and we learn and we progress. Pininfarina was a dying entity which, hopefully will be rescued by the cash and enthusiasm of its new Indian owners. Ferrari has decided to be the masters of their own design destiny. Will they make mistakes - sure but bear in mind it's all relative. I came into a 2010 Ferrari California - my return to the brand after a long time. I came out of the SL55 and way preferred the California although there were aspects I thought could be better. Yet most people panned the California back then. I think the California T is an huge improvement. I loved my 458 spider and I think my Aperta is stunning. I drool in envy at Traveller and others that got the TDF - I think Ferrari hit a home run.

When you read the various threads, you realise it's an impossible mission to meet everyone's desires. To some sound is everything, to others it's numbers which 99% of us don't have the ability to achieve on our best days. That Ferrari is still the super car brand to beat says a lot. Personally, I've driven Maclarens, Porsches and Lambos but none of them give me the pleasure of sitting in my Ferrari even before I've turned on the engine. I think they're all bland no matter how you dress them. I have my Aperta which, I'll keep, yet I find myself dreaming of the next Ferrari in the stable and I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed!!! I know that out there there's another Ferrari for me - I can't say that about any other brand.

7. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Brilliantly stated!

/That's a wrap fellas...next topic?
    :)

8. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thanks!

I agree DavidJames1 - you said it so well!

9. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Well said :)

10. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    The Cali will be based on the upcoming modular platform
    Look for it to be a radical design and there's rumor of V6TT option

11. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    This new modular system has me concerned. There doesn't seem to be much known about it.

12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
  13. Noblesse Oblige

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    "Modular" means "cheap," with all that this implies.

14. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    When 612 was launched it had more HP than 575
    When FF was launched it had more HP than 599
    Will the FF(M) have more power than a F12 ??
    Would love to see at least the F12 motor dropped into the new car might even make me reconsider the V8TT option :D

15. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    This weeks' Autocar has an article on what a modular system might look like- including for Jaz :) - a space for batteries in the floorboards! Its pretty interesting stuff.

I don't know if we should worry too much about the modular setup. On one hand, yes, things are going to be different. And we can all lament the reasons- and they are good ones- for concern.

BUT- if Ferrari still makes amazing and desirable cars that capture people's imaginations- I don't think anyone will care much about the platform under it.

As to power- good point Jaz. I think we will know pretty soon. My observation is F12tdf = 770 hp. F12berlinetta = 730 hp. Not a lot of room between them. F12-M likely will see some kind of power boost. I think 750 is the upper limit. That's a 20hp increase. So what does that leave for the FF-M? I suppose you could say 730- right up to where the F12b is today... that would be an increase of 80hp. I think too much but who's to say. Also they have to make sure the 4RM system can take its share of that power. Finally, there is the possible factor of the V8tt. I think you have to leave the V12 with a bit more power, especially top end power/ scream. This way you can have reviews that say the V8tt has so much useable torque in the real world its really just as good, but the more expensive and thirsty V12 still gives the ultimate thrills. Anyway, pure speculation and with my own biases, my guess is you'll see a number like 720hp.

This would preserve a little distance for the F12b and F12b-M, and also probably allow them the possibility of say a 680hp V8tt into the car for whatever market needs it........

Just fun speculation on a Friday morning...

16. JasonSpidey

JasonSpidey Karting

Nov 8, 2010
    I'm betting the new FF makes 700 metric horses on the nose—so, 690 in Imperial units. Gives it a nice power boost without stepping on the F12's toes.

For whatever reason, I don't see them pushing the FF M past the F12's power numbers.

17. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013

Per my previous, I'm betting more like 720 as that would be almost 10% more than current and not so substantial except that it has a 7-handle on it

18. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    True and to a certain extent there is already a level of commonality between the aluminum cars in that they surely use similar extrusions and castings in the chassis to accommodate their assembly process.

Component sharing must also be already quite high. For example, the rear suspension design appears to be shared across the whole range - from Cali to LaF. The upper link, to name just one, is the same for the whole range.

19. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Right. And a lot of what you're talking about is unseen and not touched by customers. Have a seat in a 458 or an F12 or an FF or a California and the interiors are more similar in these cars than they were between the 430, 599, and 612. I'm sure they know as long as they don't make the interiors exact copies of each other they now have proof from the current range that the interiors can have similarities.

20. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Sure is fun to speculate :)

F12 has hardly a few months worth of production left before the F12(M) is announced
    So IMO they should not be bothered with that - certainly hasn't been the case in the past

Why not make it even with F12 :confused:

21. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    It seems Ferraris will look wilder and with compromised shared parts. Compromise compromise compromise. Sounds lame. Thanks to uncle sweater. F that A hole.

22. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013

Im sure that would negatively impact F12 sales - unless an "F12M"(with more power than F12B) was to launch at same time :)

23. till.a.fischer

till.a.fischer Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Till Fischer
    At first I was really disappointed by the idea of a ferrari modular platform.
    That sounds to much like Volkswagen....

But on the other hand ist quite a similar aproach like the tubular frames of the 50s and 60s with their different combinations of frame, body, engine....

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I believe that people are worried without a reason. A modular platform is just a versatile one, not a compromised one. Ferrari know what they are doing. The biggest worry is the potential loss of the N/A V12.

25. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Just received my formal invitation to the Gala Dinner at Villa Erba for the 15th during which is the private unvailing of the new car. The new car I have just been told is a new.......V12 2plus2............yes a 2 plus 2. Now that is a surprise.