Contentment in the Mondial forum | FerrariChat

Contentment in the Mondial forum

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by PV Dirk, Jul 24, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    I've noticed this for a while now. A shift and I don't know when it occured. It may have coincided slightly with our separation from the 3X8 crew. The vast majority of the posts seem to be about a technical issue or in some way about how much we enjoy these cars or simply stories of the enjoyment. It seems as if the threads asking about if a Mondial is a worthwhile car are gone. Maybe as people come in and look around they see the general level of delight.

I have to say I'm very happy to see it. In some ways mine has simply become my car. In other ways I can't imagine ever parting with it. I feel at times that I take it for granted but it gives me more driving joy than any other car I've ever owned. I can pack luggage and go on a week long journey. It's everything.

And looking at jgoodmans post about his seaside venture tells me I need to get my a/c working. I know it's just something I need to do and I will kick myself for not doing it earlier when it is working. Maybe this winter when it rains for weeks on end in my new home in Oregon I'll take it to my Dads place and put it on his lift and get that pesky old system working.

And thanks to the guys who keep this area moving. Keep the great weekend adventures coming, keep the pictures coming, and keep the love coming. It's a very contented place we reside in.

2. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    You're right PV Dirk, our Mondi cars are like "the little train that could". Only difference is, a bunch of us have similar "little trains". It tends to bring the little train owners together.

It's a form of something called "love".

Cheers, :):):) Hank

3. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Far and away my favorite section on F-chat. I don't even own a Mondial anymore, but I like coming here to remember why I got into F-cars in the first place.

4. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    I tell you, the Mondial room, as I call it, is such a great forum that I hesitate to purchase any other model out of fear of no longer belonging, to this, my Mondial home.

You guys are the best.

5. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    #5 jgoodman, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I totally agree buddy. I have stopped posting Ted under your thread as I feel it has an outside the Mondial section feel, and one that really belongs more in the Politics & Religion section as the dialogues have often times digressed in a not so collegial fashion. You in particular have shown just incredible perserverence and I truly am hoping that the future for you and your wonderful Mondial is as positive as you personally have been.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #6 soucorp, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
    The Mondial group is truly the coolest on FChat ! Since I've been a member over a year ago, I've certainly learned alot about Ferraris, about Mondials, about how to have fun in life but most of all, its about the people here.

The finest bunch of sorry excuses for not spending more time with our families because we rather be on FChat ;~)
    Seriously, we don't always agree on everything but you guys are like family and yes, I would give you the shirt off my back if you needed it !

One of these days, maybe we can all meet up for a special C&C event.
    Cheers to all!

7. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    I noticed. I'm glad though, to hear it wasn't because of something I said or did. I've tried to be fair, over there, but there, are some, from the outside, who have muddied the water to the point it's no longer clear, to what is right and to what has been done wrong.

When it comes down to it, I had no choice but to remain positive and patient. I became trapped, but trying to wiggle out would have cause more harm to me than good. The jaws of this unfortunate circumstance are opening soon and I WILL enjoy my Mondial as you all have shown me it can be done.

I'm drinking a glass of 'Deadly Zins', a red zin I guess, boy is it good. I've got an oil lamp burning in front of me, sitting on a deck I built and it's a good night.

8. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    #8 Valenzo, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
    How do we do this. Two important members live on the left coast, two others, in Canada, You and 3 others on the east coast, me and another in the middle and few other sprinkled in the south.

That's logistics for ya.

Hank - CA
    PvD - OR
    Jgoodman - PA
    JZaff - PA (honorary)
    Mike - VA
    DbD - VA
    Davem - NY
    DavidL - NJ
    Wade - FL
    Ronfrohock - MA
    Brian - MI
    Dizen - IL
    Valenzo - IL

Lino - Canada
    TMac - Canada
    Godabitibi - Canada

Looking for others .....

9. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Ted, maybe one day soon ...... together, we'll pop open a nice bottle of Duckhorn Cab.

How sweet it is !!!! :):)

Hank

10. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Hank, I still need to make it out to LA to pay my respects to my fellow long term Mondial friend.

FWIW, Mondial guys have had the class of the room for many, many years.

11. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    #11 godabitibi, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
    I agree too. I read 3 threads. 308 because I own one, TR because I would like to have one and the Mondial which is new to me. The mondial is always the first one I read and the one I post the most. I don't know why but it is really different here. Really like a bunch of close friends.

Jay your picture of the docks with all the boats is at the right time for me. I'm presently looking to buy a old Chris Craft cruiser and I was looking at them just before I came here to read tonight. This picture is so relaxing to look at it really makes me want that old boat. Thanks for sharing.

12. TheMac

TheMac Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2009
    Alberta
    Full Name:
    Jon Mac
    I would like to be considered for inclusion on this list... moved from NW Indiana to Canada almost a year ago, after buying my Mondial three years ago. I realize I am not as regular a poster, but hope to establish my bona fides with a trip to post in the next month.

Chicago seems to be the logical choice for a meet up. Never mind that it's kind of an awesome city! It might seem that this privileges the Illinois-based owners, but... bear in mind, they wouldn't get to enjoy as long a drive to Chicago!

13. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    #13 snj5, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
    Agree.
    Chicago, First week in May, 2013.
    Whose in?

If you bring a car, great. But, it's the people that matter, so just get there.

14. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Boy, I wouldn't have to drive far at all

I'm in !!

15. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    You're on it.

16. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    If the date works, I would definitely drive my Mondi! That is the link between us, right? I'll definitely need better earplugs than pieces of tissue paper.

17. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    I'll share my dream with y'all and remember it's just a dream. We all converge on Dave Helm's shop, get a tour and a one hour overview by Mr. Helms on what it means to drive and keep these wonderful cars trouble free and then we share some wine. Mr. Helms has recently been mentioning a fondness for the Mondial and has one eye half open for the right example. :)

Keep in mind, for those in the PNW, the passes in May might still be snow covered for us to make it east. I like traveling in the fall, just after the kiddies go back to school. Everything gets cheaper too. But don't let me trample forward progress, I think this conversation is going in a most excellent direction.

18. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    I think we have picked up several special people over about the last year. Mike you have been gracious and when you put together the youtube picture collage of my trip it warmed my heart and cheered my spirit so I thank you again. There is a lot of giving and comraderie going on. And per another friend here, "It's all good!"

19. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Having said what I've said, I'd consider this. How far is it from Oregon to Chicago anyway? :) I could visit SRI on the way and I have two friends in the Chicago suburbs and one in southern IL. Hmmmm.

20. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I would try to do my best, but may is early for me. July and august are best for me.

21. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Personally, I will go anywhere. I like PV's suggestion, but I'm wide open.

22. DenisB

DenisB Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2007
    Cape Cod Ma.
    Full Name:
    Denis B.
    I would like to be included in this list also

23. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Hank - CA
    PvD - OR
    Jgoodman - PA
    JZaff - PA (honorary)
    Mike - VA
    DbD - VA
    Davem - NY
    DavidL - NJ
    Wade - FL
    Ronfrohock - MA
    Denisb - MA
    Brian - MI
    Dizen - IL
    Valenzo - IL

Lino - Canada
    TMac - Canada
    Godabitibi - Canada

24. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #24 soucorp, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Some suggestions:

Best months for folks with kids in school: (June, July, August)
    Best states for summer weather: (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, New York, Penn)
    Best beach towns: (New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina)

We should select a place thats not too congested with traffic and people but still cool to get everyone to meet. Jay's small feel beach town seems good for me in Jersey.

I would rent a tow to hook up to my Jeep Sahara and have my Mondi with me.

cheers!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    Based on that map, Central PA is the center of the North American Mondial universe. May I offer the option of Hershey Park PA as the meeting spot. The Hotel G has room for most if not all of you and your families and if that doesn't suit your needs, there is the Hotel Hershey just minutes away. I absolutely love Chicago, and would love to meet there as well, but the Mondi weight is definitely weighted towards the East Coast.