Connecticut to screw car enthusiasts | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Connecticut to screw car enthusiasts

Discussion in 'New England' started by Saint Bastage, Mar 6, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Bill status has changed. "FIled with Legistative Commissioner's Office". No new docs though. Same process as last year's attempt.

2. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Just got an Email from Steve McDonald at SEMA. He is rallying all the car groups he can find to send opposition Emails. We are but a handful of thousands but each and every one of our voices must be heard to have any possibility of effect.

Send them in Gentlemen. Be kind but firm in your resolve.

Once again...here is the legislator locator for your area.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/menu/CGAFindLeg.asp

3. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Referred to Office of Legislative Research and Office of Fiscal Analysis today.....

4. mulo rampante

mulo rampante Formula Junior

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Fiscal analysis completed. House calendar number 277. File number 351. Read all about it here: http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/cgabillstatus/cgabillstatus.asp?selBillType=Bill&bill_num=HB05405&which_year=2012 You can download the revised PD joint favorable pdf from there.

All is not lost. I think now is the time to focus on the people who will be hearing about this in the house and rendering decisions. If last year's bill progress is an indicator, this may never come up. Also, the Connecticut Conference of Municipalities is critical of the idea that the state should collect revenue on their behalf and then dole it out... I hope to see something more on their site: www.ccm-ct.org

Charles

5. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Well, this is the same point the bill reached last year:

4/7/2011 (LCO) File Number 473
    4/7/2011 House Calendar Number 269
    4/7/2011 Favorable Report, Tabled for the Calendar, House
    4/7/2011 (LCO) Reported Out of Legislative Commissioners' Office

6. mulo rampante

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
  7. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    OK Gents....The legislative session is adjourned and it looks like we will get another years reprieve on this. I doesn't look like it was ever "go listed" (what ever that means) therefore it was never voted on. Called it "tabled" for now. Thanks to everyone for there help and all the letters written. I have no idea if it helped but I know it didn't hurt. Lets be prepared to do this again next year because I highly doubt its over.

8. DjMike

DjMike Rookie

Apr 8, 2006
    Middletown, CT
    Full Name:
    Michael Simonetta
    Great job Lane!!!

9. mulo rampante

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Agreed, well done!

WRT the "go list"... before each day's session they make a list of bills they'll actually consider. I'm guessing that because of the short legislative session, the go lists contained issues that were more-or-less a sure bet (either yea or nay). In this way, they could act on as much legislation as possible within the time constraints without getting hung up in controversial matters. The House journals seem to bear this out. Who knows? I'd like to think they take a pragmatic approach in these matters.

Just like the "Ongoing Connecticut Gathering", I suspect we'll see the 2013 version of this thread.