Concorso Italiano 09 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Concorso Italiano 09

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by velocetwo, Jul 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam
    For those who were not there, I caught the 2nd half of Jay Leno's presentation of the watch to Valentino Balboni. Sorry about the audio quality ... it's akin to getting the feel of the event via a broadcast on AM radio :)

Valentino was there to present the latest edition of the Gallardo, the LP 550-2.

Jay and Valentino, click here

2. Portenos

Portenos Formula 3

Aug 20, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Carguytour
    Thanks for posting the clip.

I see what you mean about the sound. I also heard of this sound problem from several guys who were there. This was a very disappointing glitch that will need to be fine tuned next year. I will post the inscription on the watch later, apparently the type font was to small for Jay to see or he didn't have his reading glasses with him.
    Did any of you catch the sound of the turbine car when it drove in? Wow!
    Ciao,
    FGM

3. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Simply put Concorso is back! Thank you to the new owners and Frank for an excellent show. The site is beautiful and reminds me of the original Quail site, with the lush greens and massive oak tress covered in Spanish moss. Keith Martin’s voice over the loud speakers and a lot of smiling faces and awesome cars. I had a feeling it was back on track when Frank was yelling at our Iso Bizzarrini group to get our cars moving! 

Great cars, people, food and setting. Nice bathrooms, lots of seating. Parking was good in and out better than expected. Thanks for everything. See you next year at “THE” Italian car show.

4. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    This is all great to hear.

Looks like I have a date there next year.

5. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    +1

6. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Sounds like a deal :)

7. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    #107 Brian Harper, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. OnTheLam

OnTheLam Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2007
  9. verdegrrl

verdegrrl Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2008
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    April
    Thanks! Great fun!

10. 308gts79

308gts79 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2007
    San Francisco/Hong K
    I was there, CI was a lot better than I expected especially after last year experience at the Marina Airport. It was nice to see so many 308GT4s on stage at one time!

11. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Agreed, the 308 GT4 is really a great car and I could never understand why they were never embraced. I think it's one of the best Vintage cars you can own. I plan on buying one next year.

Plus it's a great car for us tall guys. :)