Concorso Ferrari & Friends 2012 | FerrariChat

Concorso Ferrari & Friends 2012

Discussion in 'New England' started by cove26, Feb 21, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #1 cove26, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
    Ok folks, the time is approaching for the 12th Annual FCA/NER Concorso! For those of you who attended last years event, it was an amazing success with 130 registered vehicles and over 4000 spectators! We had a great selection of Ferraris (including an original Series 2 250 GTO), Lamborghinis, Maseratis, Alfas, and Fiats. Some great cars and some rare cars all together.

As many of you know, we are constantly striving to make this event interesting and appealing to great cars which brings me to the next and most exciting change........

The beautiful town of West Hartford CT has welcomed us in and supported a Concours on LaSalle Rd.! This is going to be amazing with the length of LaSalle Rd. being closed for us! This si going to be a great show and I will keep you all posted as we finalize details! You are going to want to get your registrations in early this year once forms come out as space will have some limitation.

As always, any questions feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Mike

2. steve@amne

steve@amne Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2007
    Norwood, MA
    Full Name:
    Steve O
    Hi Mike...long time no speak!

Send me some info and Concorso registration forms for our clients...let me know if we can support any of the FCA events. We had a great FCA fall drive and tour at our workshop and I would love to chat with you about events for 2012.

call me anytime...info below

Best,
    Steve

3. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Mike,

This is a very interesting and appealing concept. Brings to mind the events held on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills - many years ago.

Thanks in advance to the entire West Hartford community for not only allowing but supporting this wonderful charitable event.

- Ed -

4. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That is what came to mind when we were deciding on location. While the Polo grounds were nice, this is really going to set this event off and take it in a direction I think many will welcome!

5. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks Steve....will do.

6. DjMike

DjMike Rookie

Apr 8, 2006
    Middletown, CT
    Full Name:
    Michael Simonetta
    I was at the first Concorso that my friend Tom Altman, may he rest in piece, started over 12 years ago. And remember that one Vividly. Hot Tomato's had the best food and drink spread you have ever seen! Filet, shrimp, deserts, champagne etc. All included in the car fee of only $50. That happen to be the first year I owned my Ferrari, a "308". When I bought it, it wasn't perfect. I bought the car with money I saved from being a DJ and working at a music store in CT. I restored it, with my money I earned working 7 days a week! No trust fund, lawsuit settlement or money from drug dealing. Since, it has won more concours 1st place and platinums than any other car out there including The Greenwich Concours d'Elegance where, it was accepted again for this years show. And has been featured on Speed's "My Classic Car", The Hartford Advocate, Forza magazine to mention a few!
    So to hear that the show might have to limit 308s? REALLY? Come on LOL I've been to every Concorso since day one, except last years one in Farmington and to hear that really makes me laugh. Sounds very elitist to me. Ego's really need to be checked. BTW everyone, FIAT owns Ferrari, so it would be fitting if Fiats were allowed to show up. If you got Alfas you have to have Fiat. But than again @$75, a lot of us just cant afford to park our cars on Lasalle Road and stand there on a Sunday in July?!

7. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Mike
    We do not want to limit any cars. But we may have to for this first year in West Hartford if we outgrow the space. If that means we can only have 20 of a certain make instead of 30, I'm sure many would understand. It is not a matter of anyone being an "elitist" it is a simple matter of logistics andof putting on a great show with variety. I own a 360 and dont particularly want to walk through 7 rows of them. As far as the $75.00 goes.....don't forget, the money raised goes to the charities which I'm sure everyone agrees is a very worthwhile cause. So to give $75.00 of your hard earned money to support those who support children is a small price to pay!

By all means, if anyone would like to take over the show and run with it, feel free. The committee puts ALOT of time and effort into putting on a great show every year for the owners, spectators, and kids. We don't get paid, in fact we contribute alot of our own hard earned money because the end result is worth it. If people can not understand a $75.00 entry fee to go to charity, that is fine, there will be plenty of others lined up and be more than happy to contribute to Make A Wish and CCMC kids.

I hope to accommodate every last car this year but we will cross that bridge and everyone will be updated if we come to that. Just always remember, this day is about making some kids who are ill and/or hospitalized happy if only for this one day!

8. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Yes. West Hartford Center has been known as the little Greenwich of Connecticut. It is a beautiful area, use to spent a lot of time there 25 and 35 years ago!

If successful, this wil be its permanant home as it is a great location.
    I urge all to attend.

The website is www.ferrariandfriends.com
    It will be updated more with photos and the new registrastion form as I get them.

I am always excited to work with a bunch of amazing and enthusiastic people! Everyone from the committee to the volunteers to the spectators, to the participants!

9. 430Pat

430Pat Karting

Apr 12, 2011
    Conn./West Palm
    Full Name:
    Pat
    Can someone please send me a registration form

10. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Pat

Please send me an email at [email protected] and I will get one to you.

Mike

11. Fantomaz

Fantomaz Rookie

Mar 28, 2012
    Malawi
    Full Name:
    Law
    at now I'm your fan )

12. steve@amne

steve@amne Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2007
    Norwood, MA
    Full Name:
    Steve O
    I'll have Concorso 2012 registration info very soon...stop by our showroom to pick one up.

Steve

13. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    My registration went out in the mail early monday morning.

Mike, I don't think you were "picking" on any Ferrari model when you stated that there may have to be "limits" if you run out of space, correct? I don't think it is unreasonable to put a cap on the number of any particular model car in order to maintain variety and diversity.

All the more reason to register ahead of time and not plan to show up the day of the event.

14. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No I wasn't Frank, just an example. That is important to keep diversity and variety in a show like this.

15. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #15 gurslo, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  16. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Yes, I saw the article. But he's 6hrs away..that a long trip. But, let's look into it.

17. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Agree, Maryland is a bit of a hike, but he is quite the giving person with a mission. I think its worth an attempt.

18. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Best we'd be interested in him coming dressed up w/Lambo......anything else is solely up to him.

19. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    loan me a trailer for his car and I'll go get him....

Awesome!!!

20. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    "If" Mr. Robinson is available and in agreement to joining us, does anyone know of a transport co. that would step up and volunteer to help get him here and back?

Thanks for the offer Lane, big things can happen with everyones help!

21. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter

He shares with his son's enthusiasm for Batman, I don't believe he would allow it any other way.

22. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I think that is a fantastic idea! Does anyone have a contact for him? Definitely would need a transport company to volunteer services because the cost to transport would easily be $600-$1000.

Mike

23. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I forwarded contact info to Peter K. just before Easter. I hope the info was current and he is able to make contact.

24. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
  25. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Hey guys I wanted to bump this thread. My brother and I will be in Hartford for a few days and are planning on attending this show. We are really looking forward to it. Are there any events leading up to the Concourso?