Concorso Ferrari 2011 in CT | FerrariChat

Concorso Ferrari 2011 in CT

Discussion in 'New England' started by cove26, Sep 10, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The event is now being opened to all Italian Exotics! Will be held at the Farmington Polo Club next year as well. Any owners interested in attending the event? PM me and I can provide further details. I am the Chairman for the event and we are in the planning stages now.

Thanks,

Mike

2. Mowgli

Mowgli Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2009
    Bristol, CT
    Wow, I live in Farmington. When will the date be? Do you need any help? I live literally two miles away.

3. camchain

camchain Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Ron Hetherington
    Will they allow Bugattis as well?

4. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi guys,
    The show will be on father's day 2011 following the tradition of the past 10 years. Bugattis are very welcome! If you there are any other questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Mike

5. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Is this in place of the usual Father's Day Hartford Concourso at the Capital?

6. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Looking forward to it Mike! Is this still an FCA event, supporting the Childrens Hospital?

7. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This is the same Father's Day event at the Capitol, only this year we are having it at the Farmington Poll Club so we can accommodate more cars,i.e., all italian exotics! We will still have the parade of kids and will be adding the Make a Wish foundation as a recipient. We will also have some great vendors and a few surprises that are still in the works. If anyone is interested in being a vendor, pm me and I can give you more details.
    It is still an FCA Event.

Mike

8. CustomFerrari

CustomFerrari Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Casey B.
    Hopefully i can make it this year very busy with a move last year

9. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
  10. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    We are thinking of changing the name of the concorso due to the fact that we are now welcoming all Italian exotics. Does anyone have any recommendations? Feel free to post or pm me. One idea was the Concorso Automobili Italia.

Mike

11. amslb182

amslb182 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2004
    Ct
    Full Name:
    Andrew LeGrant
    I'd stick with Concorse Italiano. Good luck with the event. Hopefully it will be as good as the one Dave put on at the Capitol for so many years.

12. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Unfortunately, the folks in Monterey who put on the Concorso Italiano may have a problem with us naming our event the same. So we will need to stay away from that. Maybe just a simple: "Italian Auto Concours?"

Yes hopefully it will be as good, but things are shaping up to be a phenomenal event between the buzz about opening the event to all Italian Exotics, the parade of kids again, and some great vendors who are already excited about attending. Plus we have some surprises in store to really set it apart!

Hope to see you there!

Mike

13. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    #13 Falcon, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
    Mike - How about "Concorso Roma" and subtitle it "Celebrating the Automobiles of Italy". It's easier to say and coveys the same meaning.

14. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I am looking for a few cars, mainly a Lambo Murci. A maserati, and an Sofa for a promotional photo shoot that we are doing on October 16th which we will use for promoting the 2011 Concorso and as a limited edition poster. Please send me a pm if you have 1 of these and let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,
    Mike

15. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sorry don't need a sofa, I need an Alfa.

16. Gotham Auto Works

Jun 2, 2010
    Danbury, CT
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Just to make sure I have the date right, it's going to be Sunday, June 19th, 2011, right?

17. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes Father's Day 2011

18. Full-blooded

Full-blooded Rookie

Nov 13, 2007
    Maine
    Will there be FCA judging and awards for the Ferrari attendees ?

19. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That is one of the details we are currently working on. It gets a bit tough to judge just Ferraris when we will surely have many other Italian makes. Any suggestions are welcomed. Either way this will be an event you wont want to miss.

We also just added a live Polo match to the event! This will be the first Polo match to take place at the Polo grounds in 40 years.

Mike

20. Full-blooded

Full-blooded Rookie

Nov 13, 2007
    Maine
    Tutto Italiano at the Larz Anderson auto museum is open to all Italian cars and bikes. They do a great job of judging the different marks, however this is not a FCA event. The Ferraris are even subdivided into numerous categories. It would be a shame not to have at least one concorso to be judged at FCA standards in New England.

21. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sponsorship and Vendor forms are now available for the 2011 Concorso Ferrari & Friends! If interested in becoming a sponsor and/or on site vendor at the show, please send me a pm and I will get you the information.

Registration forms to enter your vehicle in the show will be available in a few months.

Thanks,
    Mike

22. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #22 gurslo, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
    Hi Mike,
    Happy New Year!

Is there a web site for the 2011 Ferrari and Friends concorso that can be viewed by interested enthusiasts?

It is listed on the Ferrari web site under upcoming events, just wondering if there will be a link with more detail of the event?

Has the Childrens Hospital started a page regarding the event for 2011? I did see a write up for the 2010 show that was created after the show, but I'm wondering if any exposure will be displayed in anticipation to this event, by the Childrens Hospital? (poking around some more I found an option that shows events for the next "four" months so I guess its in the making, also found the add for 2010 show on the hospitals site)

Peter C.

23. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi Peter,

Yes there will be information on the FCA/NER website going into more detail. It should be up in a few weeks. Also, all of our supported charities will have information on their websites promoting the event. We will also be doing TV spots and Radio spots to promote the event. I will post it all up here once it is up.

Mike

24. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
  25. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I'm in for this . Didn't make to CT last year with the new car.