Communication with the FCRA | FerrariChat

Communication with the FCRA

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by johnhoughtaling, Feb 14, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    I am going to send a message to all FCRA membership regarding the streamline of communication between the FCRA and it's membership.

Although I was behind the starting of this section on FChat, and have used it to communicate with members, it's occurred to me that it is not the most efficient way to communicate with everyone. 70% of the membership does not consistently read the forum, yet there is a very vocal minority that does. That vocal minority gives the impression that everyone is on the same page and in the room. My experience is this is a false impression.

Also, I am currently running 3 companies, and I personally find it difficult to monitor all threads and respond to questions. When I don't do this and questions posted go unanswered it gives the false impression that no one is at home. I also can miss questions in strings. I've also seen wrong information offered by these that think they are in the know.

Further I've noticed that the nature of the forum being statements made in pubic gives a blogger a pride of authorship in statements made that I've seen overtake gentlemanly discourse which is the opposite of the FCRA intent.

I'm guilty of all of these shortcomings.

Accordingly, any questions, confusion, concerns or criticism should be directed directly to the FCRA. Also when the FCRA communicates we will try to not use FChat as our primary mode of communication. I've been guilty of contributing to miscommunication. I'm going to do my best to lead the charge in cleaning it up.

I am certainly not trying to discourage discourse, quite the opposite. I have been an FChat member since It was an email string and I will continue to post. I will just from now on try not to use it as official communication,

Thanks for the cooperation.