Colorado Summer Events 2007 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Colorado Summer Events 2007

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by ferraripanoz, May 19, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold
    Hi Guys
    I'll be bringing the 550 out from Miami Beach to Aspen for the summer, Phil, look forward to meeting you soon!
    There is a CECA (colorado exotic car association) track event in Golden at the Highway Patrol track on June 23. Also tenataive at the Woody creek track sometime in august.
    regards, Mark

2. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Great.
    I have a red/black 360 F1 Spider with red brake calipers and modular wheels. Also, a challenge grill, a Tubi and shields. What color is your 550?

3. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Sent in the registration for the Glenwood gathering on June 9-10. We'll be on the road from Illinois on the 8th. Hope to see you there.

4. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold
    red/tan, novitec 19's, FHP, brembo big brake kit/yellow calipers, hyperflow cats, x pipe/ x-ost loud exhaust..

5. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Some shots from Automezzi today...

- Ferrari 275 GTB/4
    - Ferrari 288 GTO (1 2 3)
    - Ferrari 330 GTC
    - Ferrari 360 Modena
    - Ferrari Dino GT
    - Ferrari Dino GTS
    - Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
    - Lamborghini Countach
    - Lamborghini Countach
    - Lancia Scorpion

Anyone know what the story was with the F40 - for instance, why wasn't it being shown? I spent a good deal of my time at the show looking at that thing, as it was my first F40 sighting in my entire life. Some shots: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. A phenomenal car.

6. Matt308

Matt308 Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2004
    CO
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Thanks for the photos, Doug. Looks like a good show. I would have enjoyed seeing the 288 and F40 up close. Last time I saw a 288 in person was over 10 years ago!
    Did the Pantera folks turn out en masse again? They bring some fun toys!

7. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Last time I saw one was three months ago! :D

The owner drove it out - sounded incredible. But, it was certainly no F40 for either visual effect or noise - although I must admit the 288 is probably the more spectacular spot.

Yes - numerous Panteras attended the show. Why do I never see these things on the road?!

8. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Peeps,
    That was major fun today. Meeting up beforehand was great (good plan, Dave) and it was nice to see the crew again (Mike R, Mike P, Ric, Dave, etc.) and meet the new folks (that's you, Furman). We'll definitely have to plan some fun runs this summer.

Between Mike, Craig, and Ric, someone has to know the final verdict for the winner in the hotly contested "vintage" Ferrari class.

And Mike, I think that we've found a very trusty method for checking the effectiveness of any engine mods...

9. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Ryan,
    Steve Bell came to us late and said his 275 was supposed to be judged. None of us are 275 experts by a long margin but I fortunately had the "Original V12" book with me to confirm at least most stuff was correct. Still he lost a point for a missing pouch and tied Ric with 99.

Dave

10. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    What was Ric's other 1/2 point for? And you know that I think that he shouldn't have had the first 1/2 point deducted but that's just me.

Too bad he didn't have the Daytona judged. I would have like to have gone over that. Beautiful car - the right colour combo and all.

11. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I don't know.

Dave

12. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    When is the Aspen Highlands "Exotic" Car Show this year??

Thanks

13. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold
    Phil, it's not on the stayaspensnowmass.com website, which it was last year. looks to me like its a no-go. Why don't we organize a show? Ours will include a short rally, and a wet t shirt contest! mark

14. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
  15. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #40 PhilNotHill, Jun 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Mark,
    This is for you. The much coveted Aspen Highlands Exotic Car Expo "Best Babe Magnet" Trophy (2006).

Good luck on your quest. You might be careful what you wish for. The women hounded me so much after I won this trophy that I had to put on weight and wear a disguise just to get around town. The wife was not pleased. Hope you have a good pre-nup. :D

I look forward to passing this title on to you as the pressure is really getting to me after almost a year.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #41 PhilNotHill, Jun 26, 2007
  17. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #42 PhilNotHill, Jun 26, 2007
    This is what is waiting to ambush me outside my door every morning. Have to sneak out the back way. As you can see, winning the "Best Babe Magnet" Trophy is no picnic.

18. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Just got an email from Aspen Highlands. No Exotic Car Expo this year. :(

Which means I have the burden of owning Aspen's Best Babe Magnet for at least another year.

19. ferg

ferg Karting

Jul 9, 2004
    #44 ferg, Jul 31, 2007

FYI, Coffee and Cars again this Saturday

20. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    I'll try and show up :)

James in Denver

21. MRyan

MRyan Karting

Apr 25, 2004
    Louisville, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I dropped by last month -meet a lot of great folks. Still getting the event off the ground. Maybe 10 or so Pcars last month. Never seen so many 928s4 all together -8 or so I think- crazy. One original owner 914-6, one beautiful 1967 912. No Fcars yet. I heard a couple of Lambos showed the month before. Should see at least 2 Ferraris - maybe 3.
    See ya there.

22. ferg

ferg Karting

Jul 9, 2004
    Sounds Great, looking forward to seeing to new faces.

I missed last month, as I was out of state.

I know the owner of the 914-6 and one of the Lambo's (new spyder). They will both be there again this Saturday.

I will have my 914-4 and my 75 Carrera there.

I also sent a invite to the Pantera guys, hopefully some will show.

Ferg

23. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    oops. I totally forgot about this. I was out taking pictures for the 3x8 online car show in the 3x8 section. Bummer, maybe I'll try next month.
    James in Denver

24. MRyan

MRyan Karting

Apr 25, 2004
    Louisville, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #49 MRyan, Aug 5, 2007
    Fun show again.
    Yellow Lambo Gillardo Spyder, Lots o' Porsches (this time the 914 club), 928s, 911s, very nice 1933 Chrysler, beautiful 308QV and a way coool 328GTS.

Hey James in Denver - thought I might see you there. - James did you ever get the PM I sent a while back about your tire question?
    m

25. mike

mike Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Table Mountain Animal Shelter is having a poker run & car show. last year was the first time & there was a Jag, vette, & my Ferrari. Lets try and "Represent" Ferrari, especially since it's for a good cause!

Dogs, Hogs, & Rods Saturday, 09/22/2007 08:00 - 04:00
    2nd Annual Poker Run, Rally/Car Show/Dog Walk
    Jefferson County Fairgrounds

Here is the Link:

http://tablemountainanimals.org/index.php?option=com_eventcal&task=event&date=1190473200&eventid=1&Itemid=83&catid=&catid=&catid=%3cfont%20size=

$25.00: per poker player
    (includes one hand)
    $15.00: per each additional player
    $10.00: for each additional hand
    $15.00: for display vehicles

Event Schedule
    8:00 am: Registration opens at the JeffCo Fairgrounds. (Space and set up times for display vehicles and vendors will be specified and individually arranged).
    10:00 am: Car and motorcycle show opens.
    10:30 am: Last poker player out.
    12:00 pm: Begin arriving back at the fairgrounds. Rally, car show, entertainment and drawings begin. Participants will park in designated areas.
    2:30 pm: Last poker player arrives.
    3:00 pm: Prizes and final drawings.

Learn how to play your cards right during a poker walk/ride. Each participant travels along a designated route with five stops, building a poker hand. The poker hands are collected at the end of the walk/ride and prizes are awarded for the best and worst hands. Hands from the walk and ride will be judged separately.

This year the event includes your choice of a dog walk of approximately one mile loop around the Jefferson County Fairgrounds; or a ride/drive throughout the mountains of Jefferson County. After the poker event-enjoy the motorcycles, specialty cars and vendors and grab a bite to eat while being entertained by the blues sounds of Catfish & The Crawlers