Colorado Emmisions on a 360 | FerrariChat

Colorado Emmisions on a 360

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by ls1569, Feb 16, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ls1569

ls1569 Rookie

Jan 4, 2015
    Full Name:
    marc shutto
    Hello all, curious to know if there is somewhere else to take my 360 for an emissions test besides the usual Air Care Emissions Center?? Last time I was there (Thornton Center) some punk kid disrespected my C6 vette as if he had stolen it. Let’s just say before I was asked to leave by the local authorities for my actions I told myself I would never go back, and the thought of some punk kid looking at my car again thinking he’s going to drive it like he stole it, definitely doesn’t sit well with me, it actually makes my stomach turn. So here I am and I need an emissions test before plates any Ideas would greatly be appreciated:)

2. RMRClub

RMRClub Rookie

Mar 7, 2008
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    John
    I take my 328 and Vette to the emission place in Castle Rock. Probably a little far for you but they seem to be pretty respectful of the cars. I have to point out how to disable the ASR on the Vette and lower the hood (C4) and on the 328 only tail pipe for F cars now.

3. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    I go to the Broomfield station over off Teller and 115th or so. They usually let me drive the car through while they catch the exhaust, etc. They normally only make me to the idle test.

4. jmn

jmn Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    jmn
    With the new rules, I think you may find that you don't need to even have the car tested. For my 2004 575M, all they did is pulled codes- as long as you have no codes and all the readiness tests have been run, you're done. Guy at the station never even got in my car, other than to lean in to connect the OBD plug.

5. lbell101

lbell101 Karting

Mar 24, 2013
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Larry
    When I moved to CO last year the emissions test on the 348 was the first one I have ever had to get done. It was done at the Castle Rock location and they were very respectful. It was an unusual experience in that I pulled in behind two cars in line. There are two lanes and one was blocked with cones. The attendant spoke with the first car but I couldn't hear him. He spoke with the second car and I heard "Ferrari". Then he came to me and said he was going to move the cones and take me first. So I drove around the waiting cars. Maybe there is something different about the two lanes and the other cars needed a different setup than mine? I don't know why I got to go ahead. The man was complimentary about the car and said another was in the day before. I was called out from the waiting booth area as they couldn't get the hood open. While the kid was standing at the front of the car I popped the rear deck. He laughed and I could tell he felt foolish. I could tell they were being careful with the car and it was a positive experience.

6. ls1569

ls1569 Rookie

Jan 4, 2015
    Full Name:
    marc shutto
    RMRClub, GrndLkNatv, jmn, lbell101, Thanks to you all for your impute and ideas!! Again I know it’s just a 360 but it’s the nicest car I've ever owned so I wanted to make sure someone respected it when I go to get the emissions done.

7. IAmNotCasey

IAmNotCasey Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2014
    Parker, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Casey Duncan
    +1 to both Castle Rock and also the Parker stations. Had my 348 and my old Mustang done through Parker and several other cars in CR. Never had an issue.

@Ibell101, I also had to pop the lid on the 348 for them, although he knew the motor was in the back at least :) I think they didn't want to just root around in the interior pulling on stuff, which was good of them.

8. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    At the most they should only be checking the car for the necessary smog crap and HCs. The state does not allow for "exotics" [Ferrari and Lambo for sure] to be put on the dynos. That punk ass kid shouldn't be mucking around in your 360.

When I get the 328 done I go out to Dacona, because there is never a line, it's a great drive from my house, the guys are great and I sit in the car the whole time. They never get in nor do they touch anything. Of course, I will now not miss the rapid scan thing again, those are just much easier once you have a test on record.

You can also consider getting Maranello Motorworks to give your car a once over and they can take it to the emissions right around the corner from their shop, which I believe may be the Thornton test center. I would be confident they wouldn't let anyone muck with your care under their care.

9. GrndLkNatv

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    There is no such thing as "just a 360". It's a Ferrari!!

A friend of mine on the team tells this story about the three questions he is always asked at every race by the fans.

1. Since you work for Ferrari you must be rich.
    A. No I work for Ferrari, therefore I am not rich.
    2. Which Ferrari automobiles do you own?
    A. I work for Ferrari, therefore I cannot afford to own one.
    3. Do you know the driver?
    A. Well I help all the drivers in and out of the car every day for the last 15 years so yes I think I know the driver.

10. GrndLkNatv

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    Yes, Bill and company are right across the street from the Thornton test center, this is a very safe bet.

11. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
  12. j.waldvogel

j.waldvogel Rookie

Mar 23, 2013
    Denver Colorado
    Full Name:
    j.waldvogel
    The one in Aurora, I've taken my 308 and they only idle it...never drive it

13. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    Guys, there is not an emission station that is special for Ferraris. They don't put them or any other exotics on the dynos because they've blown up a few up. Therefore, they only do the idle test. If you let some clown put your Ferrari on a dyno....well, you screwed up.