Clutch overheat on FF | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Clutch overheat on FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by j09333, Sep 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. specialkcu

specialkcu Rookie

Jun 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Keith A
    Interesting. I have seen people with sensor issues and does not seem to affect drivability at all. I will see what they say. Car operates perfectly and came on just after starting so seems really odd.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. specialkcu

specialkcu Rookie

Jun 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Keith A
  3. specialkcu

specialkcu Rookie

Jun 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Keith A
    Update: The dealer is claiming that it should require a replacement transmission rather than replacing the required sensors. Anyone else have this recommendation or did the dealer tear it down?

4. Yuri S

Yuri S Rookie

Aug 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Yuri
    Hello All,
    I just got this code on my ff as well.
    Drives fine, but it’s coming on more often, the car is out of warranty, has anyone repaired this problem without going though warranty and what was involved in parts\labor costs?
    Ty

5. specialkcu

specialkcu Rookie

Jun 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Keith A
    I had this happen to me. Except mine required more involved as I was having an issue with my clutches as well. If the car is still driving pretty well, then it is likely the speed sensor or sensors, which although not cheap are a lot better than a full transmission. The speed sensors should be 8K, but depending on what they find it could result in a new transmission 30K+. Sorry to bring the bad news, but definitely hoping that yours is just the speed sensors. The cost is going down on those all the time.

6. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    ^^ +1

I had the same symptom present and it was speed sensor. Since car couldn't get a good read on the sensor, as it was explained to me, the clutches were slipping and overheating. Don't delay, the speed sensor kit and labor is ~$8k, I was able to get 10% off for FCA membership. A clutch job is another $12k I believe. So get it in soon.

7. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I recently got the clutch overheat message come up on my 13 FF. I was driving in normal traffic, and I noticed the warning come on less than 5 minutes of driving. I presume the car kind of goes into limp mode, and I easily drove the car another half mile before getting into a parking lot. I noticed a slight smell of burning clutch. I had lunch (about 30 minutes). Started the car back up, no warning lights and drove back to work. Few hours later drove home, no issues or warning light.

My question is that for those of you that got the clutch overheat warning, did any of you notice the smell of burning clutch? Ive read these DCT use a “wet clutch” so they can’t overheat?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk