Classic BMW to host Official DFW Cars & Coffee | FerrariChat

Classic BMW to host Official DFW Cars & Coffee

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Bimmerista, May 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    As quoted from their website:
    Location: 6800 Dallas Pkwy (Tollway & Spring Creek) - Plano, 75024

Date & Time: Saturday May 30 - 8am til noon

To my understanding, the meet will be held on the last Saturday of every month, starting this month in May.

2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Ummmm, what the heck is with this TM on Cars and Coffee?

Somebody's full of themselves.

3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Well it is a BMW dealership.

:rolleyes:

4. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Its not the BMW dealer initiating the trademark. Its the Cars & Coffee people themselves.

5. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I'll be there! There is a Cupcake meet that same day, but I'd rather see what's going on at Classic than drive an hour away. :)

6. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Sounds cool. I'll try to make it.

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Is this going to be 500 3 series cars?

You guys let me know if any exotics show up.

8. lee168

lee168 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    This sounds great. I have been to several Crystal Cove and Cars and Coffee events in SoCal in the past several years and the assortment of cars in these Sat morning gatherings is quite awesome. Perhaps the "Dallas chapter" of the Cars and Coffee will build its reputation by gaining the support from a diverse group of enthusiasts with interesting and unique cars...

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    that would be great, but I suspect your Cars and Coffee you do with Don, David, etc has more exotics. I don't think Crystal Cove is promoted by a BMW dealership and full of 3 series. Have you seen a BMW at Crystal Cove? :)

10. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Maybe we should caravan out there? :) Lots of us near the Tollway, meet at a Starbucks (or Boardwalk? :)) and all roll in together.

11. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    On our Harleys, Jim?

12. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Did you guys join the Rebels with a 401k crowd?

13. planobmw

planobmw Karting

May 18, 2009
    My name is Eric Maas and I am the General Manager of Classic BMW. i have been following the success of Cars and Coffee across the U.S. and I am very pleased to be able to host a Cars and Coffee event at my place in Plano.

It is not a BMW event...

This will be a great location for you to come with your cars and see and meet the owners of the most admired and admirable cars in the metroplex. I will be making nearly 200 parking spaces available so that you and your fellow ferrari owners can enjoy the views...

i have several owners that have told me that they will be there...

i hope that you can all attend.

a charitable donation will be made by Classic BMW to the Alzheimer Foundation as a result of this great event.

Sincerely,

Eric Maas

14. deluboz

deluboz Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2008
    Plano,Texas
    Full Name:
    John C. Lin
    #15 deluboz, May 18, 2009
    Last edited: May 18, 2009
    Nice people @ Classic BMW :cool: Plus the Dealership looked like Nice Airport Terminal with Plenty of Parking, very good meet location :) Will be there with my M5

15. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Hey Eric, good to hear you chime in. You sold me my 348tb back in early 93 and I still own it. Hopefully, I'll bring it your to your event.

16. lee168

lee168 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Rob, there were BMW's (507, I believe) I have seen either at Crystal Cove and/or Irvine - Ford/Mazda campus...:). Crystal Cove, and later the Cars and Coffee, did not exclude "non-exotics". It included just about anything and everything. However, in recent months, the Cars and Coffee held every Sat at the Irvine location (Ford/Mazda campus) did encounter too many cars and I believe new rules were established to "screen" certain "regular production cars" from parking in the designated, main display parking lot (these cars were asked to park in the adjacent parking lot so that the main display parking area could be reserved for more unique cars).

I do go to SoCal periodically and have always enjoyed stopping by Cars and Coffee on Sat mornings while there. I do hope the Dallas event will be successful and that a diverse group of enthusiasts with interesting and unique cars can congregate over a cup of coffee on Sat mornings.

...I do currently own 2 BMW's as well :)

17. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Welcome to F/chat Eric ! Sounds like a great event, and I hope to be there.

Out family has bought from Classic since 1973 when my dad bought a Bavaria. Our office was right across
    75 , where Anchor Paint was after us. Tell Lee high.
    phil cullum

18. Brangeta

Brangeta Formula 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    I think this sounds really neat. Kudos to Classic BMW for sponsoring the regular meets.

Will Camaros be allowed? If so, I'll mention it to the club I participate in. If not, that's fine too.

19. planobmw

planobmw Karting

May 18, 2009
  20. cycloneGTS

cycloneGTS Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike B.
    I like this idea. Let's pick a spot to meet and make a nice showing for the first one of these shows.

21. lee168

lee168 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I am good with this idea also. Please let us know when/where we should meet first...

22. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    How about the Starbucks at Parker/Tollway? Is on the SE corner, near the Tom Thumb. LOTS of parking, and right on the Tollway. Those of us coming from the South will go right by it, those that are North won't have to go too far out of the way.

23. planobmw

planobmw Karting

May 18, 2009
    i think that it is great that you are organizing prior to the cars and coffee event. i want to make certain that this event meets your expectations---so, i am wondering if you would like to arrange a meeting with me to determine where the ferrari's should be located? face it---you are the stars of this show. would you like to appoint someone?

my contact info is as follows:[email protected] or 2146160218.

thanks,

eric

24. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Eric, I'm bringing more than one make, including my Ferrari, so unless the F guys will tolerate lesser cars in their midst I'll have to pass on parking my 348 with the other Ferraris. Hope to meet some more FChat guys though.