"Chirping" after removing key & What's this? | FerrariChat

"Chirping" after removing key & What's this?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Faber, Jun 11, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Faber

Faber Formula Junior

May 5, 2011
    TX Hill Country
    Full Name:
    Tom G.
    #1 Faber, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi - 2 Qs for the brain trust - still waiting to get the subframe welded - First Q: meanwhile I replaced the battery and bypassed an inop battery switch - car will crank like the dickens - no start - pumps working, swapped injection relay with no effect...after attempting to start I pull key out and sever seconds later from left of steering wheel" chirp, chirp... three times - does that sound like an alarm I can't see that may prevent starting after the battery change?
    2d Q: What's this item in the 2 pics? Right of steering wheel immediately behind front deck - appears to be something for AC - may tape it to secure it to receptacle -

Thanks for any insights -
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #2 soucorp, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The 3 beeps/chirpings are normal, its not alarm related and has nothing to do with why car doesn't start. I believe it does that every time the keys out of the ignition and that's an audible response to let you know key is out. As for the probe looking thing, I believe that's the heating system sensor.

Best

3. Faber

Faber Formula Junior

May 5, 2011
    TX Hill Country
    Full Name:
    Tom G.
    Thanks very much Soucorp - That's the sensor - And glad the chirps are routine -

4. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    Nicely done Soucorp! :)

5. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    I am glad he knew, I was going to say birds under the seat?