Child seat 458/488 | FerrariChat

Child seat 458/488

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Gaz2923, Jul 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gaz2923

Gaz2923 Rookie

Apr 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Gareth
    Morning all

I bought a Cali 30 earlier this year and managed to solve the age old problem of a child seat for a 2-3 year old for the back seat.

I’m now in the market for either a 458 or a 488 but it doesn’t look like either of these have isofix on the front seat. Which seats have people had success with in their 2 seaters?

I appreciate that the passenger airbag needs to be deactivated but that’s my next problem to solve :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
  3. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I think they saw you coming:
    https://www.testarossaj.com

As far as I can tell, no isofix but in my 2013 the passenger side seatbelt does lock if pulled out far enough and it does have an attachment point behind the seat for the upper belt, which is only useful if you don’t have the solid style upper seats. I know the passenger airbag turns off but I don’t know how to force it. Maybe it is based on the seat reel locking? Or maybe the occupancy sensor can tell the difference between a plastic car seat base and a human posterior.
    I recommend something I did in my M5: get a 2 by 5 foot piece of low pile carpet (they sell it by the foot at Home Depot) to put between the hard plastic seat and the soft leather. It will also catch any liquid spills.

4. Gaz2923

Gaz2923 Rookie

Apr 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Gareth
    Thanks both

I have read about the chip to disable the bags, but I was going to enquire with the dealer to see if I can have it permanently disconnected (no idea if that’s either possible or legal but worth an ask as I want to be sure the bag is off)

I’ll do some more delving on the carbon race seats then to see if they do have isofix. At the moment my son is under 3 so too small for a booster.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
    The sensors give you feedback via a beep and a light.