Charcoal canister replacement (or top) for 348 | FerrariChat

Charcoal canister replacement (or top) for 348

Discussion in '348/355' started by 348TN, Apr 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348TN

348TN Karting

Oct 14, 2020
    Chattanooga TN
    Full Name:
    Full Name
    I was pulling off the valve charcoal canister to clean it out and in doing so, the top evap hose nipple broke off. Anyone know if just that part can be replaced? Or if not anyone ever find a generic replacement canister? I would also bypass it if that were an option.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 348TN

348TN Karting

Oct 14, 2020
    Chattanooga TN
    Full Name:
    Full Name
    Actually, going to need a whole new / used unit. Mine is cracked beyond any repair.
    Or bypass it if anyone has a good write up.

3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Did not realize you can clean them out. What does that entail?

348TN likes this.
  4. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    If you look at the 348 parts interchange there is another you can buy for a different car. I can’t remember what it’s for off top of my head but I got one for my Mondial T and fits fine after grinding a little plastic bracket off.

348TN likes this.
  5. John Glen

John Glen Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2009
    Victoria, B.C, Can.
    Full Name:
    John Glen Wesanko
    I actually had the exact same issue with my 348. To repair mine I used a plain steel band clamp that fit the circumference of the cap. I drilled a hole in the clamp to facilitate me silver soldering a short piece of steel brake line. A little sealant around the clamp and cap prior to tightening clamp and all fixed ! Or buy a used canister on ebay for $ 120.00 JGW

348TN likes this.
  6. 348TN

348TN Karting

Oct 14, 2020
    Chattanooga TN
    Full Name:
    Full Name
    I was running an air intake cleaner through it along with compressed air. I've heard of others cutting them open, replacing the charcoal pellets and resealing the plastic container.

Nice! Unfortunately for me, I was about to wrap up the cleaning and ran a little too much compressed air while blocking off the in & out valves and it sort of exploded on me...quite the mess, but at least I know what's inside of them now :)

I found another fchat post and turns out Alfa / Fiat part will fit. I bought this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/FILTRO-VAPORI-FIAT-MAREA-ALFA-ROMEO-GT-LANCIA-DEDRA-ORIGINALE-46455879/183830228739

For future reference the Ferrari 348 vapor canister part# 138419 can apparently be replaced with something similar like this from Fiat / Alfa part#: 46455879, 60682653, 60682655

7. 348TN

348TN Karting

Oct 14, 2020
    Chattanooga TN
    Full Name:
    Full Name
    I plan to replace the hoses as well, will search for what is best / would be needed but if anyone has suggestions or a link, please feel free to share.