Cars & Coffee - SLC, Utah | FerrariChat

Cars & Coffee - SLC, Utah

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by SehrSchnell, Jun 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SehrSchnell

SehrSchnell Rookie

Jun 29, 2014
    SLC
    Full Name:
    Johnny
    Greetings all,

I just wanted to send out a little reminder to the Utah crowd that Cars & Coffee in Utah is alive and going strong! There is always great variety of vehicles from old to new, or mild to wild. The best part of it all is the friendly atmosphere!

Cars & Coffee, Salt Lake City meets every Saturday morning behind the Beans & Brew in South Jordan (10600 South & River Park - Across from Mulligans) from 9 to 11am generally.

We are also on Facebook (pics generally posted weekly): https://www.facebook.com/CarsandCoffeeSLC

Thanks and we hope too see you out there!

Regards,
    Johnny

2. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I'll make it one of these days!

3. SehrSchnell

SehrSchnell Rookie

Jun 29, 2014
    SLC
    Full Name:
    Johnny
    That would be great! Thanks Joe

-Johnny

4. White Knight

White Knight Formula 3

Aug 22, 2011
    Ogden, UT
    Full Name:
    Todd S.
    How is the FCar scene there? I "may" be moving to Ogden in about a month. Of course I'd want to meet up with the local representation!

5. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    There are more Ferraris around here than I thought. Just drive by Steve Harris to get a flavor.

6. SehrSchnell

SehrSchnell Rookie

Jun 29, 2014
    SLC
    Full Name:
    Johnny
    Yes indeed. Certainly not Cali of FL, but there are a few that linger. We do get some that show occasionally to Cars N Coffee. I am hoping to see Brad's (member here) new 458 sometime very soon there! :)

7. nsx2F355

nsx2F355 Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2013
    SLC
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Do you ever drive em?

8. Clike

Clike Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    Ogden, UT
    Full Name:
    Clark
    Welcome to Ogden (if you move out here.) There are a few around town, but I haven't seen many driving around, although I drive my Mondial frequently as a realtor and a high school teacher.

9. SehrSchnell

SehrSchnell Rookie

Jun 29, 2014
    SLC
    Full Name:
    Johnny
  10. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hey now, what about the previous week when you had 2 Testarossa there???

11. SehrSchnell

SehrSchnell Rookie

Jun 29, 2014
    SLC
    Full Name:
    Johnny
    Yes yes, my bad! Sorry, ha ha

Ed comes quite often actually. I had not seen the matte black one yet.

12. White Knight

White Knight Formula 3

Aug 22, 2011
    Ogden, UT
    Full Name:
    Todd S.
    Officially here in the north SLC area now...when is the next meetup?

13. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    They shut down the original location because people were being too rowdy. Other people set something up at a different coffee shop but that location looks like it sucks. Plus, the same bad apples have followed the event over there, from what I hear. It's a shame.

14. White Knight

White Knight Formula 3

Aug 22, 2011
    Ogden, UT
    Full Name:
    Todd S.
    Hmm that's a real shame. One of the great things about NC was the thriving car scene. Couple large well-run C&Cs were there. Was hoping to find the same here in SLC, but I suppose finding a group to drive with is better, anyway.

15. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yeah and the Utah c&c scene seems to be much more about the Hondas and subarus. Not that interesting when compared to other c&c venues. The people, when I went last year, were great though. Lots of good discussions. For some reason their popularity exploded at the beginning of this year (I think they started advertising on other car boards) and that drew out the horn blowers, donut-makers, and other showoffs.

16. fast eddy

fast eddy Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2010
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Ed Davenport
    #16 fast eddy, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
    Hi guys! A big welcome to Todd Jr! I look forward to meeting you! I've been real busy and haven't checked this thread recently. I did show up at c&c a couple weeks ago only to find a vacant lot!!! I thought WHAT??? Too bad they got kicked out! It's true what Dan says about c&c. I wish there was more exotic turnout! The "club" drives are awesome though, and provide a great fix to seeing unique cars and unique people!

17. White Knight

White Knight Formula 3

Aug 22, 2011
    Ogden, UT
    Full Name:
    Todd S.
    Thanks! Appreciate the input re Stackhouse. Looking forward to meeting the crew!

18. Blue Shark

Blue Shark Rookie

Jul 31, 2015
    7978s 1300E Sandy UT
    Full Name:
    Cars & Coffee SLC
    I noticed this from our Facebook page seeing some traffic come from here and decided to make an account to let everyone know.
    YES! Cars & Coffee SLC is still happening, NO - Johnny is not running the event anymore. We are new organizers and we have new location with enough spots to fit as many cars as they were getting at the Beans & Brews location.
    I will create a main thread with this information also but I might as well respond in here about it, not trying to take over Johnnys thread but we took up the responsibility of cleaning this lot and taking care of our Salt Lake chapter of Cars & Coffee.

We have a full running website at carsandcoffeeslc.com and our facebook is facebook.com/carscoffeeslc

It is every Saturday morning, same times 9am to 11:30am at Sunset Coffee in Sandy UT, 7978S and 1300E we park in the double leveled parking Garage with permissions from the property managers to be there. A lot park upstairs but feel free to park downstairs too as it's all brand new, low friendly and there are a ton of spots.

I noticed one of you said there are a lot of Subarus recently if you've been to the event, it's hard to get the word out to other car communities and i'm trying my best, we had a lot of diversity the few weeks but the "Cars & Coffee" or what I like to call "Tuners and Redbull smoothies with free doughnuts" is stealing a LOT of our numbers, although they pull out a lot of the street racer scene a lot of people say to themselves "Why wake up for the real Cars & Coffee when I can go at 7pm Saturday night!" I am a frequent of Utahs local Subaru communities and that was the first pages I was sharing it on.

If you know anyone with exotics, or if you are frequent on any other forum PLEASE let them know about our event, I will be seeking out more threads like this in the future on Forums since I know this is where the real car enthusiasts are.

If you have any questions send me a PM on the Facebook Page, or you can send me an email (It may be a slow reply I check it about every week), at [email protected]
    You can send your photos if you have them from past events at [email protected] also!

Thanks for reading guys, hope to see you there this weekend.

19. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    #19 JF308, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Any of you SLC guys going to make the trip to Denver for Automezzi? We have had folks from Kansas and even further come. Would love to have a UT contingent participate.

John Feeney
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. bnels2348

bnels2348 Karting

Jul 26, 2006
    South Valley, UT
    Full Name:
    B
    Has Cars and Coffee been resurrected? This thread has been dead for a while and I got the car out last Saturday but didn't know of any gatherings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    As far as I know the one at sunset coffee is still going on. The other one in Draper shut down. Park city has a good cars and coffee thing once a month. I also use Utah car czar to find car shows to take my Testarossa to.

22. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I won't be living in Utah full-time until August, but I'll plan on attending once I'm back. I've been to several C&C events including crystal cove, Irvine, and Portland. Looking and crystal cove and Irvine we can see how rude attendees can ruin everything. The event in Portland is by far the best organized C&C I've ever been a part of. Idiotic displays of speed are extremely rare and the turnout is always interesting and impressive. I wonder if it would be possible for the SLC organizers to talk to the PDX group to see how they've been able to keep things going successfully for so long. There should be a way to track who the troublemakers are and deny them entry if it becomes a problem.