Cars and Coffee Dallas | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Cars and Coffee Dallas

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Chewys5, Mar 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Tried to go last month with a work car at 6:30AM thinking we'd be okay to get in. People lined up all down Spring Creek & wrapped around the block. By the time we got in, lot was full.

Are these folks camping out there now or something? I guess because it's so early in the morning, it's not that big of a traffic risk, but this event has gotten way too out of hand. I'd love to know the statistics on whether or not this many people really benefits Classic's, money-wise.

2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I remember talking to someone about a custom Chrysler 300 club a few years ago that drove down from Oklahoma & was allowed to camp out for the night. It seems a bit excessive for a event that last just a few hours. I haven't attend in years, the whole event has become a elaborate exercise in complete chaos.

3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I had a Corvette event in Mckinney this afternoon so I thought about going out to C&C Dallas this morning first, I haven't attended in over 4 years, now I remember why.

Several model Mustangs Revving in the parking lot, then the beater Honda owners started revving then it went to burnouts in the parking lot. Several Mustangs were speeding on the side road near the tollway, yeah the one that's still under construction. It kept Plano PD busy, in fact I'd say they were overwhelmed with jackass drivers. I think I'm done with C&C Dallas for good. Too much reckless behavior that I didn't want any part of.

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Today was pretty bad. A lot of PD around but people were still driving like idiots.

The new craze at the last few meets has been people making their cars backfire which is so much fun to listen to :rolleyes:

I love cars but car guys tend to suck

5. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    Last time I went (Sept or Oct), it was the bikers that kept reving their bikes, continuously hitting the rev limiter. When 10-12 of them got going, it was really irritating. It wasn't possible to hold a conversation with the racket going on.

I still enjoy going when the weather is nice. I generally just pull a folding chair out of my trunk, set it on the grass, and spend a couple of hours chilling out, talking with car guys/gals that come by, and enjoying early morning weather (when it's good).

I'm surprised by the crazy drivers. I thought Classic and the Plano PD had a good handle on this, after the crashes of 2016 (several mustangs and vettes into the Tollway retaining wall). I almost quit entirely when the mustang spun up into the crowd (luckily slow enough that people could jump out of the way) in 2016. But the PD and Classic seemed to get it under control by early 2017. I'm sad that it's out of control again.

Sid