Car salesmen what do you look for? | FerrariChat

Car salesmen what do you look for?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Teenferrarifan, Nov 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    When you buy a car what traits or qualities do you look for in your car salesmen? I know there are some people here who buy multiple new cars each year and have dealt with every type of salesmen out there. Do you feel a salesmen could ever talk too much about product knowledge?
    Erik

2. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    When I look for a car salesman, I look for someone who is enthusiastic about cars in general. I also want them to know the basics about the cars they are selling and how all the options work/ what options are available. I hate when I go to a dealership and ask for information on a car and then get wrong information. I often test salespeople when I first go in to see if they have a clue. This can be done over the phone as well. I think it is important to strike up a good relationship with the salesperson because they can really help you out at times when your car needs service. When I had my TT and had to bring it in for unscheduled/scheduled visits, my salesman always had a cool car waiting for me to take while my car was having work done. The other good benefit is that you are able to test drive all types of vehichles whenever you want if you get in with a cool salesperson. My Audi was serviced at Audi/Porsche dealership so I was able to test drive Porsche's too even though I wasn't really looking to buy one. I have since gotten a WRX and what I am going to really miss is dealing with my Audi salesman and all the perks that went along with it.

Most salespeople I have dealt with never have too much product knowledge. If anything they have too little. This may be different if you are buying a Ferrari. I am guessing that Ferrari salespeople know a ton about the product they are selling. I hope I will be able to find that out one day.