News

Car Fiction:Found Rich Taylor's Book The Ferrari in the Barn; any more recommendations?

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by bitzman, Jun 1, 2020.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    The Ferrari in the Barn and Other Stories. Out of print for over a decade, it's available on eBay for as little as $5.00, It was written by Rich Taylor, a former managing editor of Car & Driver . The Ferrari in the title is an old Testa Rossa, be interesting to find out if the fiction story is based on a real car. Taylor is also a licensed shop owner and has restored cars, prepared race cars, etc. The book has some of those boy-did-we-raise-hell-in-college stories, some sports cars on the track racing stories, at least two more on street racing near New York city, and all of them hold up well to a modern reader.

I will am trying to order another book that looks like a comic book (going by the cartooney cover) called Car Sinister, which is unaccountbly priced as high as $130 on eBay, Anybody read that? I am guessing the stories are more fantasy, more Twillight Zone-ish.

I have no explnation for the high price because, if automotive fiction was so highly sought, every automotive publisher would be publishing some and they aren't. It is a ategory they studiously ignore.
    I wish I could find an anthology of Ken Purdy short fiction (he supposedly wrote 35 fiction stories). He was an articles editor at Playboy. But the only two books I can find by him are non fiction.

If you have any other automotive fiction to recommend, I'm all ears...

Any other recommendations for anthologies of car fiction?

2. To remove this ad click here.