Can i export a ferrari to USA? | FerrariChat

Can i export a ferrari to USA?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 348 TS, Mar 10, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348 TS

348 TS Rookie

May 28, 2014
    Riyadh
    Full Name:
    Faisal bin saeed
    Hello everyone,,,

Ferraris in the Arabian Gulf countries are much cheaper than it is in the US, can i export a GCC specs Ferrari from Saudi Arabia and sell it in the US or Canada?
    what about the US specs cars in GCC? can i take it back to America and sell it or use it there again?

Thank you!

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    There are several threads on this. Basically depending on the car it can be a very complicated and expensive process.

3. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
  4. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    many variables in this question.
    yes 25 years old or older cars, can come in without any dot or epa, just duty.

however, i believe that some gulf states import usa spec vehicles....so there is a possibility that a car you are looking at could already be of the right specification to come in without issues other than duty.
    best thing to do is go to your dealer, and have him check it out for you.
    OR, if you your dealer is not helpful, then i suggest you talk to the people at CARS Europe, they know a lot about this issue.

5. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Your best bet are cars from Dubai. They are US spec and carry NA VIN.