California T 2016 vs new 911 992 4S as daily and only car | Page 2 | FerrariChat

California T 2016 vs new 911 992 4S as daily and only car

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by SHK, Apr 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fanboy01

fanboy01 Rookie

Jul 15, 2011
    i had a 991.2 tts cab for almost 3 years and now driving Portofino. The Porsche feels much more sporty than Portofino in sport+. The Portofino is more comfortable in DD.

2. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    Paying 150k+ for a car and not caring for exclusivity... I don't know. part of the sporty feeling is the exclusivity.

Here at the traffic light I see many times 3 porsches behind each other. They are treated like VWs. Only they depreciate much worse.

I like the FC community. many unnamed heroes helped me here. So I told this thread to my girlfriend and the winter and the stockholm and whatnot since I'm also planing to get a new DD.

She told me, "then why doesn't he get a huracan?".

I don't know you but I'm seriously considering it.

3. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Look how much stuff you can get in a Cali T as well! click the pic to see it larger

sabre66 likes this.
  4. andrew biazis

andrew biazis Rookie

Nov 25, 2019
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    andrew dennis biazis
    Going on my 3rd year with my 991.2 TTS and I drive it everywhere without any issues in the rain, snow or dry - all wheel drive feels so planted on the road.

3 driving modes to set - auto/sport and sport plus. Auto is very daily driving friendly and sport plus turns it into a GT3, without the riveting noise, which gets old after 20 minutes.

Just change the oil, brake fluid and tires. I am retired now and have only driven the car 20,000 in 2 years, but going to grocery store, home depot, mountain runs, health club, etc......it has enough space and is very comfortable with a great sound system......

I imagine a Cali T would be similar but as stated in above posts, more of an event and more mileage sensitive than a TTS, which seems to be holding better in value these days as Porsche has zoomed their prices upward on these cars......
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc, Sammi and BLAMPEE like this.
  5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Sweet 911. Is that graphite blue?
    T

6. andrew biazis

andrew biazis Rookie

Nov 25, 2019
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    andrew dennis biazis
    Graphite Blue Metallic - standard new color in 17/18 and a PTS color now. Grey at night and blue during the day.....most compliments I have ever gotten on a car and at first I hesitated.......enjoying it PPF'd the car and love no dust centerlock ceramic brakes......have to say best car I have ever had out of every German make including 5 Porsches..........I want to take the Ferrari plunge and may do so soon.....had a SL 65 AMG V-12 AMG car that was versatile and faster than my driving ability, but maintenance was truly exorbitant......I have spend less than $450 on the TTS in close to 3 years - oil change and brake fluid change.......

tomc likes this.
  7. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

@OP. ...so what did you end up doing? Where does the story end?

8. andrew biazis

andrew biazis Rookie

Nov 25, 2019
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    andrew dennis biazis
    Still driving my 991.2 TTS which has been great and my 993 cab....no Ferrari yet....

9. Pharaoh2716

Pharaoh2716 Rookie

Jan 2, 2023
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    CMG
    I owned a 991.1 911 before my California T and have driven several 992s. The Ferrari is the more exclusive car. As @odellicour mentioned above, they don't compete in the same league. You see 992s far more frequently than California Ts, and unless you're in a GT3/GT2, the 992 will feel less special....because it is. With that being said, I wouldn't consider my California T a daily(able) car. It's mileage sensitive, draws more attention than a 992, etc. A 992 will have better tech and more creature comforts than a California T based solely on how much newer the 992 generation is. For a true daily, I would recommend the 992. For something special, I would recommend the California T.