California Damaged in the name of Instagram... | FerrariChat

California Damaged in the name of Instagram...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Maximo_Tifoso, Feb 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Huh.......must have been a roving band of female teens.....quite unusual.

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I can't believe the guy didn't have insurance.

3. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I wouldn't presume that he didn't. Wouldn't be covered under collision as it's not collision. Bet you they try to get out of it with the comprehensive saying per the policy it won't be covered parked and tell him to use home insurance.

He still has a deductible to pay. And then he also has the pleasure of paying increases in his monthly insurance payment when they jack it up on him.. for something someone else did.

Here's the link I found to the pic: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2757992987589328&set=pcb.2757994387589188&type=3&theater&ifg=1

4. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    The owner says: "I don’t want to go through insurance cause it will destroy the value."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2757992987589328&set=pcb.2757994387589188&type=3&theater&ifg=1

vrsurgeon likes this.
  5. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Scroll through the pics to see the YooTards. Some mental giants for sewer, oops, for sure.

vrsurgeon likes this.
  6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Good to see they identified the individuals. Thankfully their parents are on the side of the owner with the teens turning themselves into police and looking for ways to financially make good on the damage.

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yea, I had Massachusetts in mind when I wrote that, obviously things may be different in his state.

In Massachusetts I carry what is called "Comprehensive" insurance. It covers my car in case of vandalism (and other things such as weather damage, hitting a deer, theft, damaged windshield, etc.) and there is no deductible. In Massachusetts the insurance company cannot raise your rates for this type of claim, they can for an at fault accident or traffic violations. Over several years my wife and I have had windshields both replaced and repaired under comprehensive coverage with no change in rates and of course no deductible.

vrsurgeon likes this.
  8. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Disgraceful. Saw a red Cali when we were last there, a few months ago. Can't be too many F cars in EP...T

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Don't kid yourself......I would say this guys only mistake is leaving it uncovered.

In a garage, no issue, even a cheap car cover from OReily's really helps conceal my Ferrari which is parked in an open garage all the time.
    That said, they should bury these kids, let them face charges, grind in the Courts awhile in the meantime the car gets painted. And he is right I had a car "need major paint" at one month old and you know what? It takes the fun right out of it, I sold it on, after the Warranty paint.....&%*&^%% that.

So these three kids need to be an example, to every other stupid kid that they know.
    That's the only deterrent really....

Trump warned you "El Paso is terrible for crime".....LOL!
    But these darlings come from the north side of the border.
    Affluenza…...

tomc likes this.
  10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I imagine making that kid shoot the finger, placing his hand on the ground and smashing it, with a brick....over and over and over and over....

While he cries for his momma.

11. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Kids are stupid. A gang of drunk kids laughing see a car jump on it.
    On the lotus forums years ago there was story of some waitress doing a selfie sitting on the front of the car cracked the clam damaged the radiator.
    People have no clue about cars, look how most take care of theirs. Look how poorly most drive.
    Most people don't respect or take care of their own property, then they complain the stuff is trash.

Sounds liek in thsi case its can be termed vandalism if he proceeds, but that the parents of the kids are trying to make amends.

john a barnes likes this.
  12. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    It's not just kids. A couple weeks ago NE Patriot Julian Edelman was arrested in Beverly Hills for jumping on the hood of MB. Of course he had a good excuse, he was drunk. :D

13. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    No, no, noooooo........... So wrong to do this.

Small upholstery/tack hammer........ from the fingertips, inward, never skipping a joint.