'Bugs at 'Seca 2010.... | FerrariChat

'Bugs at 'Seca 2010....

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by tritone, Dec 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Bugattis to be featured at Laguna Seca

Spectators at the 2010 Monterey Historics will be treated to the sights and sounds of a field of Bugattis on the track at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. The Bugatti Grand Prix is one of the featured races, and promises to be a high point of the golden anniversary celebrations of the American Bugatti Club.

According to Mike Cleary of the American Bugatti Club, entrants from Germany, France, Luxembourg, Australia, Switzerland and Japan have already signed up, with more entries expected by the January 31 deadline. “I am looking forward to recreating and repeating the 2003 Grand Prix, where we had 44 Bugattis on the grid,” he said. “Participant entry forms are still coming in, so I would love to see 50 Bugattis winding their way down the Corkscrew.”

The Historics will take place from August 12-15, preceded by the Pre-Historics on August 7-8. In addition to the regular classes, organizers have added special classes for F1 1966-1983, Trans-Am 1966-1972 and Stock Cars (with drum brakes) 1966-1975, in addition to Bugattis. Tickets are on sale by phone 800-327-7322 or at www.mazdaraceway.com.
    - By David LaChance

Lazarus...might you be coming? What about you, dbw? I'll be there to cheer you on.......Wayne?.......

2. Il Vecchio

Il Vecchio F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2007
    Near Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    Great news. Hope that the British and European contingent will come over in support.

Is the ABC having a rally or other event in support?

I have a whole eight months to scrape up the $$ and buy a T57C Stelvio to drive to the events ;-)

3. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    I plan to be there!

4. dbw

dbw Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2005
    palo alto ca
    Full Name:
    dave
    it's the international meet hosted by the american bugatti club...laguna seca, pebble, several tours and general festivities for the bug folks...i don't think, however, you will see 40 + gp bugs on the grid for their own race as they did a few years ago for the "bugatti grand prix"..it's new management this year so we shall see....

i'm actually following steve to his new venue at sonoma...with much hope for a bit of the good old days.