Bugatti Veyron SS ? | FerrariChat

Bugatti Veyron SS ?

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by ExoticLover, Jun 27, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ExoticLover

ExoticLover Karting

Apr 24, 2010
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I heard some rumors (Fast Lane Daily) that Bugatti is planning to build a new Veyron model, the Veyron SS. Which is an ''extreme'' version of the standard Veyron. Only 30 Veyron SS will be build. The car is espected to have around 1200 horsepower, which is 200 more than the original Veyron. If you want one it will cost you about 2.1 millions dollars... Any specs? 0-100 km/h (0-60 mph) ? Top speed ?

What do you think about it?

(Didn't found any pictures)

2. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I don't like all of these variations. At what point are the buyers of the original Veyrons going to feel taken advantage of and turn their backs on the company?

Build it right the first time and there should be no need for bigger/better. Even so, maybe a street and track version, but that's it.

3. 430rcks

430rcks F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Jason
    +1

4. ExoticLover

ExoticLover Karting

Apr 24, 2010
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I saw that the Supersport could do 0-100km/h in 2.2 seconds, which is ... quite fast. Apparently the weight drops of 300 kgs and the top speed should go up to 425km/h (about 264mph). As I said, these are just rumors so... will have to see.

5. 430rcks

430rcks F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Jason
    If they can pull it off, that's insane.

but, I really hope it turns out better looking than that!

6. ExoticLover

ExoticLover Karting

Apr 24, 2010
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    The Supersport will probably look like the actual Veyron with some modifications. The picture in the arcticle is just a prototype (isn't planned for production).

7. Vantage007

Vantage007 Formula 3

Jul 5, 2009
    Toronto
    That render/prototype looks like a Maybach Exelero had pre-marital relations with a Veyron.

8. 430rcks

430rcks F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That's true.

9. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    At no time did Bugatti say that "this is the final version" in fact, quite the opposite. Every delivered customer car is a development car, and they told the first-time owners just that. The one I was privy to delivery, and orientation; the rep had stated what generation Veyron his was, and that further evolutions were always in the works... maybe not any drastic modifications as much as improved reliability, and "details" that are altered.

When you are asking a person to part ways with nearly 2M, I would expect a large degree of custom coachwork. The market has shown that the special edition (pur sang, sang noir, hermes etc.) don't pull significant extra $... at least not that I've seen.

10. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I did not know this. Thanks for the education. I'm glad to see there is full disclosure.

I still stand by my statement, though - I'm glad there aren't a bunch of different variations and evolutions of the McLaren F1...and I was kind of hoping that the Veyron would be similar.

11. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    #13 nthfinity, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
    McLaren F1...

F1 GTR
    F1 GTR LM
    F1 LM
    F1 Long tail
    F1 short tail

(I'm no F1 expert) but each car that was made was full of 'custom coachwork' ... and with every sale, the new owner has the option to basically go back to the proverbial drawing board from what I understand.

I think a big difference was that a lot of the Bugatti variants were displayed with big press releases, and that "5 versions will be made" of this or that option...

12. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    #15 BMW.SauberF1Team, Jul 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
    What the hell is a GTR LM?

McLaren made the following:
    Standard road car (the ones you normally see)...5 prototypes that look like them.
    1995 F1 GTRs to race (obviously) and were "short tails" like the road car (9 total)
    1996 F1 GTRs to race (again) and were "short tails" (9 total)
    1997 F1 GTRs to race as "long tails" (10 total). This required, by FIA, road cars be made. 3 longtail road cars were made (1 of which was a prototype)

To commemorate the 1995 24 Hours of LeMans victory (5 F1 GTRs finished the race), McLaren built 5 LMs to sell to the public. One additional example exists, which is the prototype.

The way I see it, McLaren didn't make a bunch of special editions like Bugatti is. Instead, they made a bunch of regular road cars, then a bunch of race versions (with one of them requiring road cars be made). THEN they made a "special" version (LM) to commemorate the 24 Hours OVERALL victory + the 4 others that crossed the line.

Meanwhile, Bugatti has:

Pur Sang
    Fbg Par Hermès
    Sang Noir
    Bleu Centenaire
    Grand Sport
    Grand Sport Sang Bleu
    Grand Sport Gray Carbon
    Super Sport

Nothing as special as the special edition F1 LM that was made.

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The good thing is that it has (allegedly) shed 300 KGs. Still a heavy beast though :(.

The orange and black is just ugly....But I guess it wouldn't that big of a deal to get the car all black (hide some of its ugliness :D).

14. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Karting

Sep 19, 2008
    Poland
    #17 Ecnelis, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. ExoticLover

ExoticLover Karting

Apr 24, 2010
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    #18 ExoticLover, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
    Bugatti will produce a special edition of the Supersport named the ''World Record Edition''. Bugatti is planning the production of this limited edition model to 5 cars. They are presenting it to be the one with the orange lower body. Does it mean that the normal Supersport won't have the orange lower body? :D

Ecnelis, the picture you posted in your last post might be the ''none special edition Supersport'' ;)

16. ExoticLover

ExoticLover Karting

Apr 24, 2010
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    #19 ExoticLover, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  17. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    May was wrong, he said the Bugatti's test drivers average was 431kph which is 269.37mph not 267mph. Stunning car though.