Bugatti in North GA. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bugatti in North GA.

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by spirot, Jun 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. beezerhound69

beezerhound69 Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    Suwanee
    Full Name:
    Tom
    What color was the 250GT you saw...a blue (maybe black) 250GT, or it at least appeared to be one, went buzzing by me over weekend near the Forsyth/Fulton line around early afternoon..

2. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I am far from a snob...I don't even live in a neighborhood...I live in the woods and drive a Mazdaspeed3 as my daily driver. My point was merely that most financially "successful" people concentrate on a nice home, finances-family safety net, retirement funds, ect... before spending money on an exotic car...especially one of the most expensive in the world such as a Bugatti. I understand that there are exceptions, although rare IMHO.

3. Back Marker

Back Marker Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2006
    South
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Kinda hard to spin and sugar coat "fool", isn't it?

These "fools" are the same ones you want at your car show.

These "fools" are the same ones you want to care about your family's horse exploits.

These "fools" are the same ones you want to rent out your place at Cabo Sand Blast, or whatever it's called. Didn't you get temporarily banned from fchat for that endeavor?

These "fools" are the same ones you want to come to you to pay for legal services.

Oh, speaking of your car show, are you going to turn away all those with tattoos? We know how highly you think of folks with tattoos.

We heard you the first time.

Too bad a good thread on Bugattis got messed up.

4. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    My aren't we touchy...having your monthly cycle?

5. Franco B.

Franco B. Rookie

Sep 1, 2008
    Atlanta- NY
    Full Name:
    Franco Bertollini
    Just going by Ferrari the company their special customer who gets the permission to purchase a Enzo,F50 and so on has had to be a long standing client who buys all of the latest models does not sell them for a profit and has bought at least 30 cars plus.The garage space what have to be huge and most will place them at a airport hangar at a small private airport.Most ferrari Enzo owners have homes all around the world.A Bugatti veyron owner has more toys than he can house.Its not like the working man who builds into a 348.355,360,f430 he has more cash to spend for fun.

6. Back Marker

Aug 26, 2006
    South
    Full Name:
    Tom
    you should know.

I didn't call people "fools". If I did, I would have apologized instead of not taking responsibility for my errors by trying to spin around it.

7. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    #32 BAKY, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
    I think everyone should get back to the Bugatti part of the thread...everyone here knows who the fools are and arent :D

oh..and just for giggles the small country looking house on post #12 that I posted......it belongs to Warren Buffet, he purchased it in the 50s and still lives there today.....he such a fool ;) Can you imagine living in that house and owning a private jet.....I mean NETJETS! (amongst other things)

8. pressuretested

pressuretested Karting

Sep 29, 2004
    peachtree city, ga
    Full Name:
    bryson richards
    #33 pressuretested, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Redlambo

Redlambo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2004
    Pendergrass GA
    Full Name:
    Vic Woloschinow
    Very nice color combination. In my opinion it is one of the best if not the best combo. Vic

10. blue 360

blue 360 Rookie

Sep 17, 2008
    Damn
    i like it
    I just realized that i forgot to mention that my aunt went to a party in country club of the south and said she saw a bugatti there she said it stood out but she had no idea what it was and she didnt take any pics but this was a few months back

11. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Thanks for the photos! Very cool!

ZonderF and I were just discussing what the plate would cost. Unfortunately, despite a 500-page PDF document on the state website giving millage rates and values of vehicles from the Chevrolet Beretta to the Yamaha Apex GT snowmobile, the Veyron does not appear. However, as the Ferrari 599 GTB's ad valorem rate is $5,267 according to the Georgia DMV's ad valorem calculator site and assuming a direct proportion (which is not the case), ad valorem for the Veyron would probably be around $25k. Assuming the vehicle is registered in Alpharetta, sales tax is just under seven percent, or around $110k, for a grand total of around $135k for the plate upon first registration, plus the $25k continually assessed at a declining rate each year.

In other words, if this guy had simply met mwhitesell or CavalloRosso, he could've saved almost $150,000! :D

12. Thorpiticus

Thorpiticus Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    John
  13. minimn

minimn Karting

Jun 25, 2007
    Spotted it on Haynes Bridge Road near GA400 last Saturday at 1:15 P.M.

14. Back Marker

Aug 26, 2006
    South
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Contrary to popular belief, some people around here still have honesty, morals and ethics and do things according to the law, even though the law stinks.

15. ExoticSpotter

ExoticSpotter Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    Something tells me he's not worried about the money.

16. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    This is the car that I saw on 400 North. I never liked the pics of the Bugatti in red, but in person its much better looking. in my opinion Bugatti is the King of all cars, next woudl be Ferrari... almost all the classic Bugattis are classics of engineering, ... I think the new ones carry on that tradition. stunning car glad to have seen it live.

Brian, if you know an owner can we invite him to a gathering with his car? well worth a dinner to me!

17. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Ouch!

Registering in Montana is usually in compliance with laws in other states. We shouldn't sully the Bugatti thread with this discussion again, though, as it's well-covered ground on this site.

18. CavalloRosso

CavalloRosso Formula 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA/Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    SVO
    :D:D:D That's hilarious.
    I agree, I would bet $135k for him is like $1.35 to me.
    Having said that, it's the fact that we have an ad valorem tax in the first place that ticks me off, not just the dollar amount.

19. CavalloRosso

CavalloRosso Formula 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA/Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    SVO
    It has nothing to do with honesty, morals, or ethics. And please, keep the personal attacks to yourself.

Back to the Bugatti....more pics please!!!!!!!

20. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    I have known the owner of the red/black Veyron for several years. He also has several other exotics, including an all black Ford GT and a black Carrera GT. Super cool guy whom I cannot name as I'm sworn to secrecy. No that is not his house by the way.

21. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    How about a video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay0cGVQfeMA

This was brought to my attention by Exotic-Spotter in the spotters' thread. You can see the Georgia temporary tag from Bentley Atlanta (not Lamborghini Atlanta, which is a surprise to me, but they're all Volkswagen so it makes sense). Sadly the video provides absolutely zero contextual clues that could give away the location.

22. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Mitch,

if so, invite him out to a gathering in his honnor... actualy the Bugatti's honnor... I think the group would all love to see it in the metal...let me know I'm happy to set things up...

23. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    I've mentioned some gatherings to him in the past, he did not seem very interested in showing his cars at all. He has them to enjoy and use them. I'll hit him up this weekend.

24. blue 360

blue 360 Rookie

Sep 17, 2008
    yesterday my cousin who lives in alpharetta told me that there is a bugatti in one of the gated areas in windward

25. Patrick_Bateman

Patrick_Bateman Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2008
    Probably somewhere off Golf Club Drive then.