Bugatti in North GA. | FerrariChat

Bugatti in North GA.

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by spirot, Jun 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I can confirm a Bugatti Veyron sighting on 400 North... Red black... anybody have a sighting / info? would be great to invite the owner to a Fchat event...

2. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Yep - the car's been spotted a few times either on GA-400 as you saw it or in the Duluth area, always near Atlanta Athletic Club. I've started to go up to that area more often with the hopes of seeing it, as it appears that the owner does drive it with some frequency. I believe someone once posted a spot from extreme north Georgia as well, but that could've been a different car as it was some time ago.

It would indeed be nice to get the owner to an event. :)

3. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    That was me, I saw the car near Clayton, GA. I was just floored when I saw it!

4. Patrick_Bateman

Patrick_Bateman Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2008
    Don't quote me but I *think* the guy lives in olde atlanta club, across from St Marlo. A friend who lives there always claims to see a red and black Bugatti there.

5. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    #5 parkerfe, Jun 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
    If he lives in the Old Atlanta Club off Old Atlanta Road, then he has a car worth many times more than his house...

6. Back Marker

Back Marker Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2006
    South
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I know lots of folks in that situation - sign of a true car guy.

7. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I believe a better description would be a fool...

8. beezerhound69

beezerhound69 Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    Suwanee
    Full Name:
    Tom
    didn't know there was a rule that said in order to have an insane car, the dwelling that it resides in needs to match. If the guy lives in Olde Atlanta and he's driving a Bugatti, it's a fair bet his house is paid off, he doesn't live beyond his means and is probably doing pretty darn well. Nothing wrong with that...

9. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    Ask Scott Storch how that worked out for him trying to match cars to the residence and vice versa.

+1

10. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Rookie

Jul 31, 2008
    GA
    Full Name:
    Vicenzo
    Well, I guess I am a fool - had a Testarossa that at the time was easily worth 3x my house. My frugalness in house purchasing was one of the reasons I was able to retire at 40. Still enjoying my cars in a house that others may not consider "rich". If one is in a good neighborhood and likes the neighbors, and doesn't need a big house, why move to a bigger house just because finances make it possible? If all goes as planned, I will leave this house feet first.

11. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Why is someone a fool is their cars are worth more then their house? Most people that are into vintage cars probably have cars that are more expensive than the house. Do you really think ever 250GTO owner lives in a $20 million house?
    Erik

12. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    #12 BAKY, Jun 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Not really...a fool would buy a house bigger than he needs....I personally know people that live in 500k-750k homes and have net worths 25m +......How can you tell how many zeros are in a mans bank account from his house? If your so good....whats this guys net worth?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I understand that there are exceptions...Truitt Cathy and Sam Walton come to mind...I'm not sure they owned exotic cars though. But, I suspect that in most cases, a man that has the wherewithal to afford a Bugatti has a house that cost much more. It wouldn't take much to have a repair bill on a Bugatti that exceeded the cost of a house in the Old Atlanta Club...

14. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    truitt cathy has a whole barn full of stuff

15. blue 360

blue 360 Rookie

Sep 17, 2008
    Well that would be awesome if he live in OAC because that is where I live. But I have not seen it and i would have definately heard about by now or at least seen it. Well if I do happen to see it and the rumor is true I will be sure to let all of you know. I would say that it is a better bet that the guy lives in St. Marlo or Laurel Springs because their are many nice cars in those neighborhoods.

16. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    There are at least two (maybe three) in Atl. There is a blue one up near Suwanee on Peachtree Industrial that i see now and then. And i have come across the Red/Black one on 285/400 twice.

The 3rd one is suppose to be near Lotus/lambo of Atlanta area. Not sure of color.

17. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Who cares about the house, what really matters is the garage!

Ciao,
    George

18. Back Marker

Back Marker Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2006
    South
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Who services them around here? If not here, where?

19. kevinmosleyI

kevinmosleyI Karting

Apr 30, 2009
    Lawrenceville, GA
    Full Name:
    Kevin Mosley

Whoa whoa whoa. You've seen a Veyron on Peachtree Industrial? -kevin

20. Patrick_Bateman

Dec 7, 2008
    I don't think it's in St Marlo, at least I haven't seen it around. And I don't think it is in Lauren Springs either, I often go up there but never see anything exotic.

21. blue 360

blue 360 Rookie

Sep 17, 2008
    I actually see a pretty good amount of exotis drivin around, there is usually always some nice cars up at the avenues on weekends. and i thought st marlo might have been a god guess because there was a guy that lived there that had in excess of 15+ exotics in his but i think they might have moved
    I also had one of my coworkers tell me a while back that he was drivin through polo fields and said that he saw a bugatti in someones garage but i still question his story

22. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    #22 ddemuro, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
    Lamborghini Atlanta would coordinate with the owners about getting a mechanic for whatever job is necessary. Undoubtedly, any sales went through Lamborghini Atlanta. One of the very first (if not the first) Veyrons was sold in Colorado, and Lamborghini Denver confirmed for me that the sale went through them. Since Atlanta does not have an "official" dealer, the Lamborghini dealer would almost assuredly pick up the job.

Looooooooottttttts of talk in this thread and very few hard facts. Three Veyrons in Atlanta? Not likely, considering we're still looking for one Enzo - and considering that one of the most active spotters' threads on FerrariChat hasn't picked up on a single Veyron yet. We all know about the red and black one, though to this day a photo of that car has yet to surface. But other Veyrons in other colors? Let's start by proving the existence of the first one!

Olde Atlanta Club is very near where the Veryon lives, if not the place itself. Several sightings have come from the immediate area. I agree that the house will be stunning - if not Dean Gardens then something not far behind - but considering the proximity of Olde Atlanta Club to where we know the car is, I wouldn't be blown away. In the last year or so, we've seen a Lotus Exige on Iowa plates, a Tesla Roadster on no plates, and a Bentley which I spotted in Colorado and Atlanta. I've seen a guy leave his Arnage running on a residential street, two different Ferraris being driven by blonde women in the same day, and Ralph Lauren driving the world's fastest car 10mph under the speed limit. I've come to one conclusion: exotic car owners are a really odd bunch. You just never know......

23. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    you are such a snob.

in 2001 i paid $60k for my house that was made in 1942. its very well built and i have renovated it to modern standards.

5 Ferrari's, 3 Lamborghini's, a Pantera, a Lotus Esprit, a gaggle of Porsches, and a ton of muscle cars have graced my detached garage.

some of us live below our means as a survival tool.

this way i can have what i want: guns, cars, guitars, and not worry about bills, or if i will have a job or not.

i dont care what gas costs.

everything i have is paid for, cash.

there are some of us here who really just love the cars, and dont have to have the "mansion" and Ferrari for snob appeal.

shame on you.

24. Patrick_Bateman

Dec 7, 2008

Yeah, St Marlo is definitely filled with exotic auto's, I will have to keep a closer eye out for Lauren Springs cars though. I would probably guess a lot of the exotic cars you see at the Avenue are from Windereme, I see a lot of exotic cars in a certain part of that neighborhood.

25. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    The Blue Bugatti exists-i have talked to the owner. he is a business owner who has a number of companies (mfg.) up along Peachtree Industrial and sometimes brings his car to "work". He did not get it from Lambo of Atlanta.

As far as Enzo's there are at least two in town. Ed at FOA has one and a gent up North has one.

There are a lot of cars in town nobody sees. Just this weekend a gentleman brought out his 250 GT (not sure on specific model-but it was a stunner) to the Potenza on Peachtree. Guy owns a 250SWB also and who knows what else. The issue in Atlanta (as discussed with some of the FOA folks) is that Atl is very old money and conservative and as such these cars are rarely seen. Much different clientele than FL or CA.