Bubble value cars? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Bubble value cars?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by tundraphile, Jun 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    An M-B Gullwing would be even less.

Nice collection. Although I might swap the 964 for a 930... my brother's 964 was troublesome.

Agree on the Elise -- underpriced at the moment, IMHO.

2. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Of that list the Ford GT has BOTH low maintenance cost and "old school" performance without electronic nannies. That, and the fact that Ford will probably never build anything like it again make it a great candidate for future collectibility. The car is absolutely incredible to drive and is very reliable. Best of all worlds.

3. 1guy

1guy Rookie

May 25, 2014
    kansas city
    Full Name:
    bill
    There were 13 built.

4. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    +1, bought a non runner 110 TDI here in the states and did not even run I posted the ad on craigs list it was gone in 2 days.

5. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
  6. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
  7. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
  8. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Cars: We All Fall in Love With Our Models: Ferrari 246 Dino Market: 2012 Review

Interesting article showing figures. Doesn't even account for the US cars, so you can basically take that number, and add about 25 cars to it at least. 65-70 DIFFERENT cars available for sale per year. Yeah, what a rare car the Dino is, LOL. Also shows the amount of vehicles offered for sale per year, which to me is the the most interesting and useful tool. These cars have not become more obscure, which is the main environment for a valid price increase (in conjunction with a strong economy). There are still PLENTY of these cars out there. But hey if a bunch of hedge funds and brokers decide to buy them up, drive up the price, and take all of the suckers who are willing to shell out 500k, then it is what it is. Fact is, that car is realistically worth somewhere between 180-240k. Lots of people lighting a quarter mil on fire this year, LOL.

9. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    1989 will rise again ...

10. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

You called it!

11. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Indeed.

12. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I was wondering the other day how long did the upswing in prices last in the late 80's?

13. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Agreed - the idea of "never happening again" is a little over the top. You can't say it will never be done again, because as soon as you say it, someone does it.

14. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#64 Bradwilliams, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    One of the senior members actually has paperwork on the last "rise". He posted it on the forum somewhere. I've been trying to dig it up. May have been from the ferrari market letter

Found it. Page 3

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferrari-discussion-not-model-specific-sponsored-algar-ferrari/487965-these-price-increases-truly-rediculous-3.html

It's literally identical in time frame. Roughly a year and a half of insane rising (GT4 high production), followed by the peak, just as we're seeing now.

15. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Cool Thank You.