Boxer fuel capacity ? | FerrariChat

Boxer fuel capacity ?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Varenne, May 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Varenne

Varenne Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    This is more of a general question rather than anything else, but this forum seemed the right place rather than GFD.

According to ferrariworld.com, the Boxer's fuel capacity is two 110 liter tanks. That converts to almost 60 US gallons.

Whereas the Testarossa which follows has a single 115 liter tank (just about 30 US gallons).

Is that right? Does the Boxer truly carry twice as much fuel as the next generation 12-cylinder Testarossa? Or does the Boxer carry twin 55 liter tanks for a total of 110 liters ?

2. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    Both, the Boxer and TR, have two gas tanks, connected in the middle.

The Boxer manual states 110 liters, total. This is for both tanks........hence, 55 liters each.

The TR manual states 100 liters, total. This is also for both tanks......hence, 50 liters each.

3. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    FYI, 100 liters is 26.4172 US gallons.

4. Varenne

Varenne Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    ....appreciate the clarification. I know that both of you own or have owned each of these vehicles.

Interesting about the (slight) discrepancies posted at ferrariworld.com. I guess it's not too surprising and certainly not a big deal.

Just continuing my Ferrari education....

Mark

5. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

costs about 75 bucks to fill up here in san diego!

6. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    The owner's manual for my Boxer lists the petro capacity at 110 liters + a "reserve" of 15 liters. So, it appears that the total is: 125 liters (33 gallons)

Gary

7. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Gary -- I think you've got the wrong interpretation -- that should be: "110 litres total capacity of which 15 litres is considered the reserve". Have you ever put close to 33 gallons in it?

8. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Steve,

I was wondering about that "reserve" amount listed in the manual, if it was included in the 110 liters or not. You're probably right, that it is included.

I've never run the car low enough on gas (not good for the fuel pumps) to check the total capacity when fueling.

A 29 gallon (110 liter) fill up would be about $75 in Seattle right now.

9. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    I haven't come across a F OM yet that really explains it clearly one way or the other, but I'm fairly sure that they are not additive (I know they're not additive on 308 and TR)

10. castex

castex Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Rouen, France
    Full Name:
    Thomas Daniels
    A fill up around here costs about 110 Euros, or 134 dollars.