Blackhawk Museum Cars & Coffee: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM First Sunday of Month | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Blackhawk Museum Cars & Coffee: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM First Sunday of Month

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Brian A, Dec 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    The Lancia was parked next to Joe's Daytona over by where the cycles park...

2. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Did not see that Honda but did see a 70's turd brown porker which was a bit of a hot rod. I like 70's cars in period colours. And yep I did see the silver Toyota 800 slot car. Cute. I got to talk briefly with the owners.

3. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Oh and you do meet interesting people. My GF was chatting to a guy. I came over and talked about cars. Somehow Ferrari came up in the conversation and he said he had owned a few over the years. Cool, so I asked what sort, expecting the answer to be 308s, maybe a 330 etc. Nope. 250GTO, 250LM, 250Cal Spyder etc. Wow. Interesting to talk about how they were to drive. You do not meet owners of 250GTOs (Series 1 AND 2) in suburban mall car parks very often!

4. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    #104 Brian A, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    I've got to start marching more systematically down the rows instead of ricocheting from one shiny bright thing to the next. I DID see that new F12tdf, which I believe was in the same corner, so maybe my head was turned the wrong way.

Yeah, everyone there likes to talk about their cars. It certainly is the fun part for me. I was oogling the blue BMW 3.0CSi parked beside my 308 and struck up a conversation with a guy who dragged me over to look at his BMW 2002 with a hotrod S14 engine and carbon fiber everything (as in body panels). An awesome build. Just awesome.

5. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    The BMW 3.0CSi was nice. Your 308 looked good too.

6. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    A few weeks back when David Hobbs was the guest speaker. Not many cars due to the rain, but a packed house for the lecture!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    Blackhawk Museum has posted a message on their Facebook page that Sunday Oct 1 will be their last Cars and Coffee this year. Formally, they are saying that they will restart in spring with a different format but I went up to the museum yesterday and informally they said it was uncertain if their C&C would ever restart.

I guess this is just the natural evolution of a C&C. It has been attracting a mindboggling number of cars, sometimes tipping 1,200. With that many, it is inevitable that some participants mistake the purpose of C&C as being to demonstrate that they know how to rev their engine or make their tires spin.

The museum is in a residential neighborhood and I can understand why the natives are restless. Earlier this year, one of the 308 guys convinced me to show up extremely early so that a gaggle of 3x8s could (try to) park together. As I prepared to leave, I could already hear loud sports cars motoring up Crow Canyon Road. ... My house is a full mile away from Crow Canyon Road!

Last month one of the heads on police staff, clearly not a "car guy", spent his time storming around the C&C. There were hooligans who gave him a good engine revving / tire spinning show.

I missed the first Blackhawk Museum C&C, but began attending in early 2013. I just love the randomness of a C&C. A wonderful monthly event. I have made many good friends there.

It was a good run.

blu328gts likes this.
  8. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Dam shame.