Blackhawk Museum Cars & Coffee: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM First Sunday of Month | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Blackhawk Museum Cars & Coffee: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM First Sunday of Month

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Brian A, Dec 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bxtech

Bxtech Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks for the info Brian A. I personally would've preferred if they kept it all automotive since I'm a car nut, but the Old West display should be pretty interesting to see. I remember back in the 90's they still had the same automotive section, but also had some sort of natural history exhibit. I remember some displays on dinosaurs and other animals, plus they had a kids play/learning area.

2. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    Lots of Ferraris on the March 1 event. The museum posted 74 photos on their Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/BlackhawkMuseum

No official count given. Lower attendance than past months. It had rained the night before. A few pinheads tried again to get the event canceled by revving etc on departure, a couple of Ferraris included.

3. vracer

vracer Formula 3

Jun 23, 2014
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Put this one in your scrapbook. I saw the motorcycle cop give a siren to, and stop a bicyclist. She just kept on truckin' for a long time while the intermittent siren was going; I guess she couldn't believe the noise was for her. I wasn't paying that much attention, but I don't think she got a ticket.

And the upstairs 'Western settlement' - 'Indians' display was open & interesting.

4. Bxtech

Bxtech Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    The next meet coming up this Sunday! As Brian A pointed out, it rained the night before for the one in March, which might have affected the turnout. Looks like we have potential rain in the forecast for Sunday too, plus it's Easter. I wonder how good the turnout will be? Anyone planning on going?

5. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    Huge turn out this morning!!!

6. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    I heard they were filming parts of an episode for Chasing Classic Cars out there today. Anyone seen Wayne Carini?

7. 2MS

2MS Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #57 2MS, May 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Wayne in the flesh...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Bxtech

Bxtech Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Yes, I got to meet him! Pretty cool. I had no idea he was gonna be out there until I started talking to some other car owners at the meet. Afterwards, they were filming inside of the Blackhawk Museum. First time I've ever seen all the ropes taken down around the cars. People were walking right up to, around, and between the cars. Barry Meguiar was also supposed to be out there as well. Did anyone see him?

9. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    I know it's a little far out time wise, but will there be a meet July 4th?

I'll be in California that weekend, and I missed this event the past time I was in the area; I didn't want to miss it a second time.

10. 77GTB

77GTB Rookie

Oct 14, 2014
    East Bay, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    First Sunday of EVERY month!

11. gismo35

gismo35 Rookie

Apr 26, 2008
    Still scheduled for August?

12. jessup

jessup Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2014
    Santa Clara CA USA
    Full Name:
    Jessup
    I'm thinking about going. Anyone else?

13. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    Blackhawk is my favorite car thing, but I am going to have to miss again this month.

Currently in northern Lake Tahoe. Drove the 308 via backroads; 250 miles. Hwy 4 NE of Big Valley is awesome.

14. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    I'm bringing my "new to me" E-Type...

15. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    I have had to miss way too many of these monthly events recently, but finally was able to attend this morning.

Man, these are fun. Lots of interesting people; lots of interesting cars. As always, I found an unobtainium object of lust (this time a 1967 Ferrrari 330 GTC) which made me dream about my "next" lifetime.

The police had a conspicuous presence at the exit onto Camino Tassajara. They had coned off the curbside lane, parked cruisers up-street from the turn and had a police truck down-street.

I approached the cops and thanked them for being there. I told them how important the event was to me and how I would hate to see it shut-down just because of a few hooligans. They seemed appreciative of someone stopping to say thanks. They mentioned the infamous M4 curb hopping exhibition and said that their presence really calms things down. They also said that the Museum was now paying for them to be there, which is awesome.

I suggested to them that it would be cool if they could borrow a vintage 1950s police car to use as their on-duty cruiser. Their eyes brightened. We kind of went blank where they could get one though. They thought that maybe one of the other municipalities had one. There must be some in private hands too.

16. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    I lusted after the unrestored '71 Fiat 2.4l Dino Spider with 18k miles. I'm glad the rain held out.

Was the 330 Silver in color and parked along the main entrance? If so, then that row of cars came from the Candy Store in Burlingame.

Always a great gathering of unique people and their cars...

17. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    Yup. Very nice.

18. Remember the alamo

Dec 9, 2014
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Good turnout. Everyone seemed pretty well behaved at least during the period I was there. Amazed at how early it fills up and always surprised there atent more Lamborghinis.

19. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    I think people arrived an hour earlier than normal due to the change from DST to Standard :D

20. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    Warm and sunny weather predicted for Superbowl / Blackhawk Cars & Coffee Sunday. I predict 700 cars this Sunday at Blackhawk.

Last month I played ad hoc parking director and managed to line up a 458 beside a Testarossa beside two 308s beside an Alfa 4C. Ran out of continuous space to park anything else.

This month, I may just park in the back 40 just to be different. Or maybe not.

21. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    We showed up with the family, F drivers were definitely spread out. They claim 700 cars from Blackhawk. Pretty amazing and nice showing. Some crazy Bimmer and Stang fighting for a parking spot and cut us off with our family, other than that a good spot for family.

22. Bxtech

Bxtech Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Anyone go this morning 3/6/16? I was planning on going, but something else came up. I was thinking that attendance might be small as it was raining pretty hard up until early this morning. I was curious on how the turnout was.

23. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Bxtech, you didn't miss much. very very very small turnout. No ferraris, only one R8 for exotics goes. About 40 cars. Some came in and turned around and left, and then it rained for 10min which killed it. I heard it was the smallest turned out to date.

24. Bxtech

Bxtech Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks for the info BLACK HORSE. Wow, 40 cars?...that definitely was a small turnout. Even in the beginning when they just started this CnC, they had around 70-90 cars. Now I don't feel so bad about missing this one today. Next month hopefully the weather will be better as I plan on making it.

BTW, in case you or anyone else is interested, the first Cars and Croissants meet at Santana Row is coming up on 3/26. That is always a good turnout, providing it doesn't rain.

25. Remember the alamo

Dec 9, 2014
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I was going to go as well, but like others, the rain killed it for me.