For Sale - Black Friday Sale: Black 1984 Porsche Carrera M491 Coupe | FerrariChat

For Sale Black Friday Sale: Black 1984 Porsche Carrera M491 Coupe

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Fairview, Nov 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fairview

Fairview Formula 3

Mar 16, 2009
    Waynesboro, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jeff Ward
    This sweet 1984 Porsche Carrera coupe is a rare factory turbo bodied 911. It is all original paint and shows extremely well. It is complete in every way, right down to the factory paint stick with the tool kit. The mileage is original and documented and is only 67,375 miles. Everything, and I mean everything, works. The car drives beautifully and is silky smooth. The a/c blows cold, the auto heat churns out nicely, the engine is turbine smooth, the brakes are phenomenal, the steering is light and precise, and the interior smells great.

I am the third owner and it came to me from an eclectic collection where it had been in dry storage for twenty years, along with forty five other sports cars. The collection, including this car, was featured on a Barn Find Hunters episode done by Tom Kotter and sponsored by Hagerty Insurance.

The Porsche has been fully serviced and anything that had any wear or needed attention has been addressed. This even includes resealing the engine and new cylinder head studs (supertec). It has taken about a year to carefully go through everything to get it as close to perfect as possible.

So you may wonder why would this guy who obviously loves 911s sell such a nice and rare one, especially after getting it as close to perfect as possible? Fair question and here’s the deal: 1) we have a daughter’s wedding coming up in June that is going to be a bit pricey but is more important than me owning yet another Porsche; 2) we have to replace a furnace at our house that will be pricey; 3) I am turning 65 on Monday and I promised myself to cull the collector car herd at that milestone; but the worst thing is 4) some lowlife stole my F350 which will be expensive to replace, well beyond what my insurance might pay.

My trusted experts tell me that this 911 could bring north of $80,000 on Bring a Trailer. However, I would prefer to sell it the old fashioned way where the buyer has plenty of time to inspect the car and come to a deal without the whole world watching, not to mention the buyer saving the 5% BAT fee.

So with that in mind, if you agree to pay $78,500 and send a deposit, it is yours. If you think that my price is too much, let’s talk about it and I’ll certainly consider your offer.

Either way, if we come to an agreement on price, I will cheerfully refund your deposit if you inspect it and it’s not every bit as nice as I say. If you have questions, want more information, etc. feel free to pm, call or text. Jeff 540-241-4953.

Here is a link to my smug mug account with a nice collection of photos documenting the Porsche’s condition.

https://milepost105.smugmug.com/1984-Porsche-Carrera-M491-Coupe/

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

G. Pepper, Bigilo and 375+ like this.
  2. dougnshari

dougnshari Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2006
    Derby, KS. 67037
    Full Name:
    Doug Kennedy
    Very nice!!! Should sell quick!

3. FL430

FL430 Rookie

May 5, 2008
    Florida
    I sent you a message

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. Fairview

Fairview Formula 3

Mar 16, 2009
    Waynesboro, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jeff Ward
    Sold in less than 24 hours! Thanks, Jeff

Bthesixthree and 375+ like this.
  5. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    No surprise there, congratulations!

Fairview likes this.
  6. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Nice example, nicely presented.

Fairview likes this.
  7. Fairview

Fairview Formula 3

Mar 16, 2009
    Waynesboro, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jeff Ward
    Thanks Steve.

I’m old enough to remember looking in the classified ads in the Sunday morning paper, trying to figure out if a car was a good one based on 20 cryptic words or less. So as a seller, putting together an ad these days with the ability to add detail and many photos is positively luxurious!

Best regards, Jeff

v tach and VAF84 like this.
  8. v tach

v tach Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 14, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    I texted the seller less than 3 hours after the ad went live and he told me there was already a deposit! The good ones go fast. When the presentation is just as good you can pretty much forget about it! Oh well, at least my wife will be happy that we are not adding another car that she can’t drive.

Great car—congrats to the seller and buyer!

NMNMNMN and Fairview like this.
  9. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Congratulations!

Amazing example. M491 cars are amazing. This was a great deal for the buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

375+ likes this.
  10. Fairview

Fairview Formula 3

Mar 16, 2009
    Waynesboro, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jeff Ward
    For the ones who had a backup position on this, the deal went through today, new buyer picked up and had safe journey home. Thanks, Jeff

jcurry likes this.
  11. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    +491

I bought my wife a M491/M470 Cabriolet a couple yrs ago, but she only lets me drive it.:D

Bthesixthree likes this.
  12. Bthesixthree

Bthesixthree Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 18, 2013
    CA
    Full Name:
    B
    Glad to hear you are still enjoying it!

jcurry likes this.