Bizzarrini targa in lavender? I thought there was only three targas... | FerrariChat

Bizzarrini targa in lavender? I thought there was only three targas...

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bitzman, Aug 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    https://www.lanaclassic.com/eng/exhibition_cars/car_detail/49

I was surprised when I saw this car pictured on the net,
    I only knew of the silver Bizzarrini roadster, the red targa, both in Detroit amd the blue targa but never heard of this one , painted a shade I deemmore suited to women's eye shadow. The interior , body shape and chrome trim seem very correct? Who made this?

BJK likes this.
  2. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  3. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    All Three Together

4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    email 'Lana Classics' or 'Speed 8 Classics' - https://www.speed8classics.com/ (plaque on front bumper) for info? ... and please share what you find :)

5. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Now that I have the comparison photos , for which I thank you, I see the added vent scoops on the B pillar of the lavender one that weren't on the originals.
    The vent behind the rear wheels is different shape, U see no reason if this spyder was converted from a coupe..
    The front fender vents on the origjnal three spyders were done by Stile Auto, a different shop that did the production Bizzarrini coupe bodies but this newly shown spyder has production Bizzarrini fender vents.

A website called Bizzarrinispyder.com says the emblems on two of the three original spyders include ones from Style Italia (SI) and Sibona e Basano (SB) both of Torino, Italy so it would be interesting to see what badges this car sports but most interesting would be the SN plate and registration history..

BJK likes this.
  6. crossram

crossram Rookie

Apr 18, 2013
    The car was built by ex Bizzarrini employee Diomante .