Beware of Emporio Motor Group in Ramsey NJ. | FerrariChat

Beware of Emporio Motor Group in Ramsey NJ.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by lethlvnm, Aug 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lethlvnm

lethlvnm Rookie

Jan 7, 2010
    SAN DIEGO
    Full Name:
    ESTELIUS
    I purchased a vehicle from Emporio Motor Group nearly 5 months ago; and I sent a wire transfer to them for nearly 100k. Before we close the deal I asked them if they had the title in hand and they said yes and sent me a "copy" of it via email. Long story short, up to this date I haven't received the title from them; I got thousand and one excuses from the owner Kahn. Currently, I have my lawyer working on the case trying to solve this issue, so I can't discuss many details. But if you're in the process of closing a deal with them make sure you follow due diligence and you don't end up in the same situation I'm in.

2. tboniello

tboniello Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2012
    Miami, FL/North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tony
    You should post this in the NY tri-state forum.

3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    What a mess.

4. sf_hombre

sf_hombre Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2008
    Stimulus Bill
    Full Name:
    Don
    Google should have been your friend.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

"Afzal Khan is wanted for allegedly defrauding customers and financial institutions while he was the owner of Emporio Motor Group, a car dealership in Ramsey, New Jersey. From approximately December 2013 to September 2014, Khan allegedly obtained loans for vehicles that were never delivered, obtained loans for vehicles without proper title, and issued insufficient funds checks. Khan also allegedly offered to sell vehicles on consignment and then neither returned the vehicles nor provided any funds for the vehicle sales. One financial institution has an estimated exposure of $1.7 million in automobile loans. Additional fraudulent loans, and approximately 75 individual victims, have also been identified.

A federal arrest warrant was issued for Khan on October 21, 2014, by the United States District Court, District of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey, after he was charged with wire fraud."

5. sf_hombre

sf_hombre Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2008
    Stimulus Bill
    Full Name:
    Don
    Oops, didn't see this was an ancient thread