Best place to advertise my Mondial for sale? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Best place to advertise my Mondial for sale?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by geshaghi, Jul 2, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  2. geshaghi

geshaghi Rookie

Mar 28, 2006
    Thanks Wade

3. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Any luck with the sale?

4. geshaghi

geshaghi Rookie

Mar 28, 2006
    Still available at this point. Another dealer wants to take the car on consignment, and they have sold other cars for me in the past. I'm also getting some interest from European buyers, but not sure how real it is yet.

5. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    There are so many offered on the market right now it is hard to decide which one to buy for a buyer. Price, condition, model, color, car location etc etc etc. I was all confused when looking for one. Be patient someone will buy. We have a saying in french '' there is a shoe for every foot''

6. geshaghi

geshaghi Rookie

Mar 28, 2006
    And hopefully, a foot for every shoe!

I know it will eventually sell. The Mondials are a tremendous value right now, especially the open cars.

7. geshaghi

geshaghi Rookie

Mar 28, 2006
    Well, I have listed the car on eBay yet again. Despite interest from several folks, no one has pulled the trigger. The reserve is very low. I don't think you can find a nicer 3.2 Cab for the money. If anyone is looking for one of these cars, email or PM me and I can provide more details. I might even be willing to cut a better deal for a F-Chat member. Thanks and here is a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190667655946

8. geshaghi

geshaghi Rookie

Mar 28, 2006
    Less than 24 hours to go on the eBay auction. Some action, but not quite there. Reserve is set well below the buy-it-now.

9. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    My prediction. - high bid 23,500.00. Of course it's value is more than that but I'm afraid the toy market is soft and for cash buyers, our eyes on slightly other Fdeals to be had.

If it doesn't sell within your righteous zone, list it with a popular Fchat dealer and wait for the right buyer to come along, I predict a hardening of the market after november

Good luck.

10. geshaghi

geshaghi Rookie

Mar 28, 2006
    Didn't quite get there on eBay this time.

$25,000 buys the car. It will need a belt service soon, and the first gear synchro will likely need to be replaced, as the car grinds when downshifting from second to first if you are at speed. It has been this way since I bought it and it hasn't been an issue for me. My plan was to address this the next time the engine needs to be out of the car, as it really isn't as troublesome as it sounds. The car was looked at by Franco's European Sports Cars recently, who said it was probably the nicest looking Mondial he has seen in a long time. You won't find a cleaner car for the money.

11. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    "from second to first if you are at speed" ??? Great Scott, man - - at what speed are attempting to downshift?

:( Hank

12. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Yeah, I'm not sure what you mean either. Unless I'm coming to a full stop I leave it in second gear and the car pulls away nicely. I only go to first if I've come to a dead stop.

13. geshaghi

geshaghi Rookie

Mar 28, 2006
    That's sort of my point. I don't use first gear unless I come to a stop or a slow roll. If you attempt to downshift into first otherwise, it will grind. In the time that I have owned this car, it has never been an issue for me, as I rarely use first gear unless I am starting from a complete stop.

14. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Have you tried rev matching on a downshift to 1st? It will take a pretty big blip of the throttle, but it should help the synchros line up and the gear lever should just snick into first with only moderate pressure on the stick.

Regards,
    Jerry

15. geshaghi

geshaghi Rookie

Mar 28, 2006
    This should certainly work, but really hasn't been necessary. The 3.2 has so much torque that 1st gear is really of limited use

16. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    First gear is best from a stop sign. That's it. I never downshift into first. The tranny really seems to be protecting itself by not letting you do it easily. FWIW, replacing synchros does not sound very easy either. Anyone done it?

17. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I agree. In my t I only use 1st to get away from a dead stop. If I am rolling even slightly, 2nd is fine. I have even practiced taking off in 2nd just for grins, no problem, just takes a split second longer as you ease out the clutch.

Regards,
    Jerry

18. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    I agree completely, Jerry. At a dead stop, is when I'll put Rachel in first - no grinding. If I'm rolling forward at even the least amount, second will get me going just fine. Valeo will take care of the clutch operation :) Damn, I just had to say that :):)

Cheers, Hank

19. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I assume you have to do a manual "blip", not like today's computers that do the downshift "blip" for you.

Valeo was way ahead of its time and arguably better than some of the "smg"'s that other (German) carmakers produced 15 years later! Too bad Ferrari didn't stick with it (over the F1). Just IMHO.

Regards,
    Jerry

20. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    That's too bad doesn't seem to me that you are out of line at your price. The problem with the Mondial IMO is people need to see it and drive it to realize what a fantastic car it is just looking at pictures of it doesn't do it justice.

21. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I think the price is reasonable, I paid $28k out the door for mine last year but now doing my own service. Since I bought my car, I've spent another $4000 on parts, accessories, service items, and special tools just for this car.

I think alot of folks are scared of the maintenance charges and do not understand what is what. IMO, you can sell it faster and for more if you do the timing belts if not the full major.
    New Ferrari buyers with toy money wants to hear recent service done so that they don't need to dish out thousands more.

all the best!

22. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    on the other hand, i would rather purchase one that has a pristine interior and exterior but needs a major, it allows me to have all the mechanicals and electric's done to my liking...

wait a minute, thats what I've done and i'm still waiting to drive it, so maybe you got a point there ;)

23. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    LOL !! :):):)

24. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #99 soucorp, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
    Ted, based on that theory, your car will be 100% ready to sell once you get her back, lots of buyers waiting!!! ;) Then again, they may have to wait another 2 weeks and another after that, lol !
    Oh shhh, I'm sorry man, didn't mean to pour salt on it !

25. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    #100 Valenzo, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
    first 45k offer may take my position in the waiting room. maybe.

edit:: i shouldn't say that, i have a conference table full of goodies to put on her when she gets back... i need to enjoy her for a little bit i would think