For Sale - Best American Made Auto Lifts | Page 2 | FerrariChat

For Sale Best American Made Auto Lifts

Discussion in 'Cars' started by don.advantagelifts, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. don.advantagelifts

May 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Advantage Lifts
    Yes casters can move the lift with a car on it and shipping time to PA on most Backyard Buddy models is simple: Order today ship tomorrow.

2. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    #28 Jack-the-lad, Jul 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    @rob lay

I was wondering the same. The sponsor might get more exposure in a different forum.

Also, I couldn’t find this company on the sponsor page.

Oh, wait. I guess he’s a dealer for BYB. Is that the deal?

3. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    #29 Jack-the-lad, Jul 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    I’m interested in this product too, and have posted in several other threads. There haven’t been enough long term users to get a feel for reliability, safety, durability, etc. I think the concept is fantastic but need more field experience before spending that kind of $$.

I’ve “heard things” about poor warranty service from Bend Pak, the manufacturer, in that they grind the dealers on warranty reimbursements, so the guys don’t want to bother with it. Also problems around parts availability. These comments are about Bend Pak in general, not this specific product.

don.advantagelifts likes this.
  4. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I would like to have one installed in mid PA in mid September?

Could we connect and get the ball rolling?

thanks

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    it's not a big deal, mainly they are still getting use to FerrariChat, 80 different forums can be a little daunting at first. Classifieds Parts & Collectibles probably a little more appropriate, but full Sponsors are able to make commercial posts in the forums of their choice. we just don't want them spamming several different ones at the same time, a couple every few weeks are fine.

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  6. RobbyC

RobbyC Rookie

Apr 7, 2021
    Northern WIsconsin
    Full Name:
    Rob Calderwood
    I recently sold my home with a 4-post bendpack in a garage with an elevated ceiling. I had it for many years and it was fine but not great (having a lift is great though). I had a set of casters and moved the lift around for different projects or time of the year. I do not have the ceiling space currently for a lift so garage expansion is planned. That new garage will have a Backyard Buddy. I can more afford it now and just by looking at the design and construction, I can tell it's better. Plus USA made.

tonyswfla and don.advantagelifts like this.
  7. don.advantagelifts

May 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Advantage Lifts
    Try Backyard Buddy they are built with the company mantra Quality, Safety & Strength. Backyard Buddy lifts are constructed in our Warren, Ohio plants. You can be confident that when you purchase a lift from Advantage Lifts, you will be buying the best lift available and the best value in automotive home garage lifts.

https://www.advantagelifts.com/pages/backyard-buddy-lifts

8. don.advantagelifts

May 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Advantage Lifts
    Thank you for showing interest in our product. Sure, please share your details in conversations so our lift expert can call you for further details

9. don.advantagelifts

May 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Advantage Lifts
    So good to hear that. With Backyard Buddy Premium Lifts, you can safely park your classic and exotics cars as all the lifts are built with the company's mantra Quality, Safety & Strength.

10. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I’ve had my BYB for 14 years.

Flawless performance.

After three moves I have become an expert of One Man disassembly and reassembly.

An engine hoist makes it a snap to assemble/disassemble.

Photo from previous house and hopefully last move forever.

Image Unavailable, Please Login d

don.advantagelifts and rob lay like this.
  11. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    I’ve had my BYB for 6 years with no issues. I just ordered two more that will be installed soon. Quality materials and build. And made in the USA. Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. ThePusher

ThePusher Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2004
    Would love to get the 2 car lift from Advantage but the length is way too big compared to others from Bendpack and ACLifts. Do you guys make a 2 car lift with the 192" width between posts but around 175" total length like other companies?

Many of us use these for fitting more sports cars into their garage. So we need the width for the wide footprint and getting in and out... but they are not pick ups or SUVs with tons of length.

13. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I kind of like this suggestion.

14. don.advantagelifts

May 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Advantage Lifts
    We got what you are looking for.

Checkout out Advantage SXS-10000 Double Wide lift that will definitely fulfill your requirements.

https://www.advantagelifts.com/products/advantage-sxs-10-000

15. ThePusher

ThePusher Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2004
    Aware of that model and that is my point. Your product (which I would love to buy) is way too long compared to competition. It is way over 200" which won't fit well in many garages. Bendpack and ACLift are 170-175" and fit perfectly while retaining the 192" width so 2 cars can comfortable be placed..

So I was asking if you have a double car lift that has an overall length of <180"?

Thanks

16. don.advantagelifts

May 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Advantage Lifts
  17. ThePusher

ThePusher Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2004
    Thank you but no. Specifically looking for 4 post two car lift like the others have in that size. It is ok if you don’t have it but I think you are missing a market.

18. don.advantagelifts

May 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Advantage Lifts
    At the moment we don't offer shorter lengths on the double-wide, but do have several high-quality American Made lifts under 180" in length including:
    Classic by Backyard Buddy is 168" https://www.advantagelifts.com/products/classic-by-backyard-buddy
    Classic Extra Tall is 168" https://www.advantagelifts.com/products/classic-extra-tall-by-backyard-buddy
    Service by Backyard Buddy is 180" https://www.advantagelifts.com/products/service-by-backyard-buddy
    One option you might consider is using two Backyard Buddy Lifts side by side.

19. don.advantagelifts

May 17, 2021
    Full Name:
    Advantage Lifts
    Thanks for your suggestion. We appreciate your input.

20. TJsBeer

TJsBeer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 10, 2016
    Valley Forge, PA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Miller
    I recently had two BYB Tall lifts installed from Advantage Lifts.
    They were in stock. (No overseas supply chain issues)
    The quality is far superior to any other lift I looked into.
    Their crew did a great job with delivery and installation.
    I love that they are local to me for service and American made is a huge bonus!
    Thank you @don.advantagelifts

Gh21631, Il Tifoso and UroTrash like this.