Battery tie down | FerrariChat

Battery tie down

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by kartboy1234, Feb 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kartboy1234

kartboy1234 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    Hello everyone, I am replacing my 7 year old battery with a new one. I have found many threads on what battery to buy, but im having issues with how to strap it down. Can someone take a picture of their stock tiedown for the battery? Mine isn't strapped down at all and slides around while driving.

It looks like it's a metal bracket that uses a long screw to hold it in, I think.
    Thank you.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

2. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Yes...

Long bolt that secures the clamp holding the battery down at its base.

White wire is a SR fuse box upgrade. Connector is for trickle charger. Yellow mat stops acid from reaching the car.

Previously used an Interstate MTP-91 (700 CCA) which is no longer available. They tell me the MTP-48-H6 (730 CCA) is the new replacement.

The MTP-91 has an oval vent on the terminal side at top middle. It points directly at the hold down bolt.... not good. I think (?) the MTP-48-H6 has side vents... if so, much better because I can connect a vent tube. Planning to pick one up tomorrow. We’ll see.

https://www.interstatebatteries.com/products/mtp-48-h6

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Grease the bottom of the tray, reduces corrosion.

Shamile and turbo-joe like this.
  4. kartboy1234

kartboy1234 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    Thank you for the help. My problem was that my battery was the wrong size. So I purchased the right size. Now I'll buy the hold down clamp and the screw

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

vincenzo likes this.