Battery dead car wont shift to neutral from 1st gear on my 2002 360 spider | FerrariChat

Battery dead car wont shift to neutral from 1st gear on my 2002 360 spider

Discussion in '360/430' started by star56, Dec 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. star56

star56 Rookie

Dec 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Zee Ha
    Hey guys !

i need a little help here i m in toronto weather was good last night. I hadnt winterize my car battery was completely dead i jumpstarted the car as I was pulling it out battery died on me twice thats how weak it was as i tried to repark it in the garage the car stalled now it is saying asr active check OK and 1st gear light blinking in ignition but i cant get the car to start because its not in Neutral. Battery is still somewhat weak but i was trying to start it with jumper cables and the latch red indicator light is on too with it.

How can i get the car to start so i can move it a few inches in the garage and winterize it

please help guys !

Thanks

2. star56

star56 Rookie

Dec 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Zee Ha
    battery is still deadish its on trickle charger was very weak and now will need booster cable

3. Andrew512TR

Andrew512TR Karting

Jan 23, 2005
    La Canada, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Do not use jumper cables. You risk damaging critical electrical components.

4. Fenz

Fenz Karting

Nov 8, 2018
    Team Europe
    Buy a new battery?
    Temporary loan a battery from another car?

5. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Just buy a new battery before all this jump starting damages the electronics

whatheheck likes this.
  6. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    STOP JUMPSTARTING YOUR CAR. You're lucky if you didn't permanently damage something already. These cars are very sensitive to voltage issues. If your battery is a few years old, replace it.

whatheheck likes this.
  7. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    You guys are sooo rich you can buy a Ferrari but not wealthy enough to buy a $120 battery every 3 years? Get a new battery and replace it every 3 years. Or, keep jumping it and then come on complaining your dash is funky. That $1000 repair is so much less expensive than a battery.

Owned my 360 for 8 years now and it NEVER doesn't start when I turn the key.

whatheheck likes this.
  8. star56

star56 Rookie

Dec 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Zee Ha
    thanks guys for all the help. I will replace the battery tomorrow
    :) appreciate it !