Aussie Supercar to Rival Enzo!!!! | FerrariChat

Aussie Supercar to Rival Enzo!!!!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Mike360, Oct 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #1 Mike360, Oct 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    BTW, if you want hi-res shots pm me!

3. bdog

bdog Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2004
    only a 5speed and the body look like a cheep enzo some is maqke whats kown as a relicar

4. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Replica?
    No my friend.. This car is not BASED around ANY car. Therefore it is not a replica.
    It had been fully developed and fine-tuned here in Australia.
    Yes its a 5 speed, but with a top speed of 320km/hr, who is complaining?

5. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    The form is very McLaren-ish.

6. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Is that a bad thing????

7. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Well, I have a lot of time for all things Aussie due to my adopted citizenship, but it is kinda hard to get excited about the donk in this thing - two-valve pushrod motor (it says "Extruded alloy roller rocker arms") is pretty low tech. G50 Porsche transaxle as well.

Sounds like a fun car and I am sure it will make great noises (classic V8 which is OK by me) but it is a stretch to call it an Enzo rival IMHO.

Pricing, anyone???

Cheers
    Kevin

8. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Looks cool, sounds intersting. Though I do think it looks distinctly McLaren, as in like someone took a 3D model of the McLaren, messed around with a few surfaces and then slapped a new name on it.

9. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Price should be about $450,000 AUD. About the same as a 360!!!

10. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well, even though i said that in my title, its really not my words. That's what everyone is saying. I spoke to the guy behind the whole project, and he thinks it keeps up with an Enzo and he said it definatly stops better than an Enzo.
    Remember, its weight is less than 1000kg!!

11. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Thanks Mike - let's see who picks them up. I want to like this car (I reckon it looks great, way better than the Ultima that Dickie Johnson was pushing a few years back) but they really should at least come up with a DOHC motor or something. A pushrod 2-valve V8 for 450 large just seems rich to me - you could get bloody close to this performance with a Roaring Forties GT40 replica for a helluva lot less money and about the same level of technology, except for the body/aerodynamics.

Having said all that, they certainly deserve a fair go!!

Cheers
    Kevin

12. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Kevin.
    I think that they wanted to keep this car "All-Australian" by using mostly Australian parts eg. Engine and Harrop brakes.
    And one other factor that is palying into the price here, is the poor guy has gotta make money on this! I saw him being interviewed on Tv about the costs of the project, aparently its up at about 8M for the project. He dosnt have the backing of any major firms and i respect the guy for getting out there and givin it a go.
    Basically, alot of Aussies will buy it. Its romps a 360 for about the same price. Don't even mention a 550M or similar. Value for money will be a big seller here, not to mention that the car will be RHD. Which is better than most LHD only cars (Yes Enzo im talking to you!)
    Besides, nothing beats the unmuffled bark and grunt of an Aussie V8 mate! Well except an Fcar tune IMO!
    The car did look good last night. Nice color and it looked well built. Its still in early phases of production, but keep an eye out for this one!

13. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Fair enough on the all Aussie content and I agree it does look good. Hopefully someone will get one out for the GP Rally and/or Targa Tassie and put it through its paces. Also I hear you on the RHD situation although I have my own views on that but as you say you can at least get a rego for this car.

I still choke a bit every time I go to drive.com.au and remind myself how bloody expensive cars are in Oz...

Cheers
    Kevin

14. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    UH HUH i hear ya brother!
    Im 90% certain the car will be in the Targa Tasmania as well as the GP rally (Dutton Rally). The company is keen to get it out there for people to see.
    Hopefully you might one in the US at a motor show! Im pretty sure they might be doing it in LHD as well.
    Im guessing the more they sell, the less they will cost. This guy is passionate, and ive got the impression he isnt in there to make a quick buck.

15. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    looks like a Mac F1, NSX, and corrvete all in 1... but its a start...

16. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I think i like it....
    Trying to persuade one of my business partners to buy one!

17. rifter

rifter Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    brings nothing new to the table, aesthetically speaking.

it looks like a japanese mclaren f1.

i hate it.

18. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    My guess is there will never be more than a handful of these cars made and they will be relegated to the annals of obscurity like so many other wannabe supercars.

19. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What the hell is with the Negative responses?? Have you guys heard the car? Have you seen it in real life? Have you seen other angles of it that i could photgraph?
    The guy that is behind this has bigger balls than any of us. He is laying Miliions on the line for this....

20. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.
    Anyone who's willing to take a risk and try to develop a new car has my respect. He has created a car that looks decent and can do the job. I think he'll do well. Its noble of him to try and make it "all Aussie". I wish him luck and hope that the car runs and performs as good as it looks.

21. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Nice words Josh. The car behind it is a true car nut. I spoke to him for a good 30 min. I told him about fchat, i wonder if he signs up?

22. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I don't consider my response so much negative as realistic. An investment of 8M (per you), even if its US $ is insignificant in the automotive world.
    The car may be fast and fun but at that investment level it can be no more than a glorified kit car. To even remotely consider it to be an Enzo rival is sillly.

23. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Not taking anything away from the Enzo, i mean, i love the car. But here are some stats....
    Joss:
    0-100: 3.7 sec
    Enzo
    0-100: 3.6 sec

Joss:
    0-400: 11.9 sec
    Enzo:
    0-400: 11 sec

Joss:
    Weight: 940kg
    Enzo:
    Weight: 1365kg

Joss: 469.3577 BHP/ 940Kg = 0.49BHP/KG
    Enzo 650.39 BHP/ 1365kg = 0.47BHP/KG

Yes, the Joss has more HP pre KG than an Enzo. But the Enzo is faster. Just goes to show how well the Enzo is built.
    Just a reminder, you could buy upto 3 Joss's for one Enzo!

24. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

The Enzo is probably faster because of the F1-style transmission and probably it has better aero for the higher speeds. The real question though isn't the straight-line speed. The question is how does it handle?

25. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Probably like sh*t compared to the Enzo.....
    Its not better than an Enzo, but i think it represents pretty good value for money.
    Is it true a CGT will outhandle and Enzo? The CGT was faster in the supercar tests that were carried out in Italy recently. And the Murci can outbrake an Enzo...