Aston Martin to cut 500 jobs | FerrariChat

Aston Martin to cut 500 jobs

Discussion in 'British' started by rocketman, Jun 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    They build junk right now.
    Uninspiring half left over Mercedes parts...…..IMHO Junk.
    Hope Stroll can do it.
    We don't need, submarines, helicopters,10 speed bicycles and rental apartments in florida.
    Just build a wonderfulGT that's not competeing with Ferrai, youll lose, stop building boy racers to compete against Nissan, youll lose.
    I love my DB4
    GTJOEY1314

Ryan S. and Robb like this.
  2. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    It's not junk. The new styling may not be for everyone though...and they may have "lost the recipe" for at least some of us. The electronics outsourcing from Germany is a good idea actually. The AMG V8? Not so sure.

3. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    JohnnyRay, IMHO, that's IMHO...……
    The current line up if you have driven them IMHO are terrible cars.
    Ive had the DB11 both v8 and V12 and new VANTAGE for testing, opinion and possible purchase.
    Not for ten minutes but MONTHS , they are terrible and the SALEs reflect it.
    The DB11 was so bad after a week I just left it in the driveway, Its a Honda Pilot with less comfort.

Im an AMOC member forever, owed DB2,DB4,VANQUISH,VANTAGE, TOYING WILL THE LAST DB9 just because they have a style.
    The new Vantage is Ugly, and Andy P paid the price, claiming it was the most BEAUTIFUL car at launch.
    Peoples jaws dropped when they took the cover off in NEON YELLOW.

Maybe you own one and I hope you enjoy it but IMHO, They are terrible cars.
    This was a marketing switch to MILLENIALS , I was there as they said WE were old and this is what they want.
    Well, guess what, They CANT GIVE AWAY $180,000 cars for $1,200 a month with no money down for 3 years.

Yes some Mercedes parts help BIGGLY but the soul like most German anything is not there.....too cold.
    Make sense?
    gtjoey1314
    Now remake the OLD VANTAGE WITH THE V12 AND A STICK...……...BULLET PROOF.

4. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    And ironically, I spent part of the weekend watching your Aston/Jag series.....you should have told the Aston people about your issues.

Plus it was funny that one episode turned into a Ford GT worship session

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I read somewhere the SUV was selling pretty well (I was wrong) and they are considering doing a 7 seater as well as a coupe version.

6. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    Shark We did that series 3 years ago right before these cars came out for the most part
    If it wasn’t for Ford under the premier group they would have been gone long ago
    The Vanquish the Vantage and Db9!would never had the tech to complete if not for Ford back then
    That series was fun......and so were the cars!
    Gtjoey13-4
    Thanks for watching