Ash tray | FerrariChat

Ash tray

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by moserpe, Aug 18, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moserpe

moserpe Karting

Jul 20, 2006
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Moser
    Hi colleagues,

I'm new here after having had an opportunity to get a reasonably priced 400i 1984 with 45'000 kms only. The car is generally in a neat condition except that some electrical installations have been added and/or modified. One of them was a hidden radar warning device (which is absolutely not legal here in Switzerland) with some command box installed inside the front ash tray.
    After bringing back the electrical system to its original condition, I would like to have the original insert for the ash tray (although nobody will ever smoke iside this car) but it is of course not available as a Ferrari spare part.
    I have noticed that a number of small details in the interior are from AUDI. Therefore I'm convinced that the ash trays are borrowed from another series production car as well.

Anyone has an idea? Could it be from Alfa Romeo, Fiat....?

Thanks in advance for any help

Peter

2. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Since it's an '84, you might want to check in the 308/328/Mondial section as well. There's a good chance that it's the same insert, and some of the guys in that section are GENIUSES at finding identical cross-reference parts from Alfa, Fiat, Porsche, etc.

Best of luck to you, and congrats on the new car!