April car show Update | FerrariChat

April car show Update

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Ferrari0324, Jan 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    If you all remember, back in October I asked for everyones opinion on me having a car show here at West Chester Univ. to raise money for SADD (Students again Drunk Driving). Well i've been planning it, making my contacts and dealing w/ the school and i'm glad to say I just got an official go for it on a large parking lot that was recently built. It's nice, large and smoothe, so no need to worry about damaging your cars. I also have gotten sponsorship from Brandywine Porsche. April 30 is the planned date and I am aiming for 50 cars. I can't control the weather, so that is still up in the air (no pun intended). Everyone is invited, obviously, but I'm hoping you guys can help me out and find other interested people in bringing their cars. There is plenty of time, I just wanted to get the info. out to you so you can put it on your schedules. It is going to be a great event, live band, hot girls, prizes, etc. but I need everyones help to get the cars there and draw in a crowd of about 400 people. Security will be present! Thanks!

2. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
  3. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Hey Pat, I may want to get together with you sometime, i'm hoping you can maybe advertise it around your high school.

4. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    i would be glad to.

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

OK, count me in.

You can have the Dino, the M3 and a DB5 or XKE coupe if you want. The TR6 will probably be gone by then.

I can also get some nice early-mid 60's American stuff if you're interested.

DM

6. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    Hey, Id be interested in coming up...how big is it going to be?? Have you contacted the NY tri state area..they have some sick cars...??

7. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I'm an EC playa yo! J/k. Of course they know, i'm from Jersey. ;) You're definitely invited. Planning on 50 cars, with a crowd of 400 people. Big enough?

8. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    Sounds good...I meant like car-wise..how big?? 50 ricers and 80s vettes doesnt do much for me, ya know?? What do you know will be there?

9. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Ohh no, no ricers. This is specifically an exotic car show, the most unexotic will probably be a Corvette. No need to worry about that, Brandywine will be supplying a couple Porsches, I'm advertising to Ferrari, Viper, Lamborghini, i'm reallly hoping i can get a few Astons, etc. Nah, it will specifically be advertised as an exotic show.

10. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    Alright sounds good...keep us updated for cars coming. What city is it exactly, I wanna mapquest it for time?

11. ciao baby

ciao baby Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2004
    DC<---> MB
    Full Name:
    Michael Karagiannis
    are purple ex- celebrity owned custom stereod Lamborghinis invited?
    ///MK

12. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    They deserve personal invitations LOL

13. Noelani

Noelani Formula Junior

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    R
    That sounds fun if it won't be too cold! I hope I can convince Auraraptor to go.

14. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Maybe Tiger woods will be there with his attorney. ;)

15. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I will try to be there. Weather depending it will be in my 328 or my 7 series.

16. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    West Chester, Pa. 19383. Yes previously owned celebrity cars are more than welcome. Put it this way, if its considered an exotic and not a rice burner, its more than welcome.

17. amk

amk Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    I can make it. Maybe I'll bring the M3.......or maby a MINI Cooper S Convertible....or maybe one with a JCW kit on it.

18. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

APRIL GUYS!! Not February, or March.

April.

Weather up here in April can be unbelievably nice.

And WCU is set in a very nice little town. Good places to eat (and drink), country surrounds with some great driving roads.

You need to make plans to attend, and we need to help in getting the widest variety of cars we can. Good cause, nice location, what more can you ask?

DM

19. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    I'll go if I'm around. I'll throw the 308 in if you would like?

20. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Not just great driving roads, some of the BEST, i guarentee it.

21. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Dave where have u been lately, swamped with work?

22. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Spent a week at Bryn Mawr Hospital.

Got a nasty stomach/pancreas infection and am just now getting on my feet. I'll probably have to take it easy for another week or so.

thanks Patrick.

DM

23. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Dave im sorry to hear that, the good thing is that you are ok. Just keep resting, you are not missing much.

24. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Sorry to hear that Dave, glad to hear you're doing well.

James, please bring the 308. I want a wide variety of cars and if it has a prancing horse on it, I want it there. As Dave and Pat said, there are some very nice driving roads right around, as well as real estate. It's a very nice area.

25. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Yes there are very nice roads out there. I'd be happy to bring the 308. It's not a concours car, but it's nice.

Sorry about your illness Dave. Get well soon.
    Jim