Anything to see in Molsheim? | FerrariChat

Anything to see in Molsheim?

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by kevin956, Nov 12, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kevin956

kevin956 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    Heading to the region next year and will be able to visit, but trying to determine if there is anything to see. Understand that the Bugatti family cemetery is easy to visit and some of the other buildings are visible from the main road, but inaccessible. Not sure about the current factory itself. We won't be buying and don't have connections, so I'm not counting on being welcomed for a look around.

The only thing I've really found on the net about visiting Molsheim is here:
    http://www.bugattirevue.com/revue22/tour.htm

Yes, we will be visiting the National/Schlumpf museum in Mulhouse, so we've got that covered.

Any thoughts, recommendations or experiences? Is there anything to warrant a trip other than the chance to see something interesting running around on the local roads? If not, we may drive through for kicks, but not plan on stopping.

Thanks

2. Il Vecchio

Il Vecchio F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2007
    Near Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    Do you know Dick Riddell? If so, he'd be the person to speak with. If not, I may be able to PM you his phone #.

3. kevin956

kevin956 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    I don't know him. Wouldn't mind talking to him, but don't want to call out of the blue. Will watch for local events and see if there is a chance for a mutual introduction. Thanks.