Anyone with information about Automezzi? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone with information about Automezzi?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Bradley, Feb 28, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vettesrule76

vettesrule76 Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    haha sweet! i saw a yellow gallardo spyder in their garage. sunday will be great!

2. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    Bump for Sunday, June 3rd. Automezzi XXII

Season's Bliss Event Center
    665 Flatiron Marketplace Drive
    Broomfield, CO

Vehicle Registration 8:30 - 10:00

SHOW: 10AM to 3 PM

www.automezzicolorado.com

Check out the attendees tab for a view of the cars currently pre-registered.

3. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    bada BUMP....

4. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    that was fun! the heat got to me though! i didn't put on any sunscreen, i'm like a lobster now! what was everyone's favorite car?

5. chas-3

chas-3 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    #31 chas-3, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. rovingtravler

rovingtravler Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2004
    Clovis, NM
    Full Name:
    David
    Anybody spot the fake Italian car at the show?

Best knock Off I have even seen, but still a kit car.

Overall had a great time and lots of wonderful cars from show stoppers to daily drivers.

7. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    what was that? i didnt notice!

8. rovingtravler

Feb 2, 2004
    Clovis, NM
    Full Name:
    David
    The Down Draft Countach. The owners of the Countach on either side were talking to the owner. Said it took him 5 years to build it. When looking there were just a lot of little things that did not add up and I though that is an odd thing to customize...the open gate, the placement of the speakers, the plexy glass half windows, NO VIN plate, front rad under the hood, dash was just slightly different, wrong carpet for the year, would not open the trunk or engine bay, could only see a "modern" carb without the box over it, wrong wheels (yes some cars have aftermarket) a few other things here and there.

This is only from the other two owners, I was not able to meet the owner to ask about more details.

9. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I noticed that too. I wanted to ask someone but was afraid that would be rude. There were some other issues, too - the wheels and the suspension height settings, the type of mesh underneath the vents, etc.

10. rovingtravler

Feb 2, 2004
    Clovis, NM
    Full Name:
    David
    ^+1

the rear ride height was off... that was actually the first that a few of us noticed.

11. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Yep, David and I discussed the butt lift for several minutes before putting the whole thing together... :D

12. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    anyone with a photo to add to the critique?

13. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    i got a video, excuse me for me and my friend talking haha. i have to stop talking when i record. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW57PTmf5mA[/ame]

14. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    Don't you just love an Automezzi controversy? LOL

Is it or is it not? Obviously well done, if it is a "tribute" vehicle.

15. rovingtravler

Feb 2, 2004
    Clovis, NM
    Full Name:
    David
    I think the biggest tell is the rad in front with all the ducting to supply air. Why would someone move the two rads from the sides to the front?

16. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
  17. MichaelB145

MichaelB145 Karting

Apr 22, 2010
    at the Man Cave
    Full Name:
    Michael Bergren
    Great job on the show this year John! Next year is going to be even bigger!

Mike B

18. FiatRN

FiatRN Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Drout
    Automezzi 2012 was a great day and a true success. John Feeney did a fabulous job of arranging and running the show. While the old 'mezzi crew had created a fine product, and a bit of the legwork was done in past years, John really had a lot of work to do to bring the show back from the dead, and he did an excellent job! A new venue (great), a charity filled with nice people (great), food vendors (great! gelato!), a wonderful turnout, etc.

My personal favorite car put in only a short time appearance. Someone showed up with a Lancia Delta HF Integrale. While red is not my favorite color for that car, that one sure had presence. Low slung, wide fendered, without the pretense of modern "rally" cars, surely capable and understated. Someday one will grace my garage.

The rest of the collection of cars was excellent. There were several vintage Fiats that were still in possesion by their original owners. An Alfa GTV owned by the son of the original owner who tracked it down through intermediary purchasers and bought it back to bring it into the family, complete with 1970s turbocharger. The ever rare and weird Junior Zagato. The Pantera collection remains totally off the wall, and their owners are some of the friendliest folks at shows. Someone brought Jalpa still wearing temp tags (congrats on your new purchase), and there was a totally cool fuel injected older Maserati QP. And of course the Ferraris - how often are there three GT4s near each other in Denver? Great stuff. I hope someone has tons of photos.

If that Countach was "fake" or a "replica", it sure had good sheet metal. There were things that didn't make sense, but I didn't spend enough time looking to create a reasoned critique. It was marked '88 but had early tail lights (that I love). It had a different engine lid than the other '88, and different bumpers. Was the shift gate missing or not-included? Perhaps the fellow built a Countach from various available actual Lamborghini parts? It sure looked pretty.

Jonathan
    Denver, CO

19. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    #45 vettesrule76, Jun 6, 2012
    i got a picture of the lancia delta integrale as it was driving by! i was in total shock and my friends i was with were like why are u taking a picture of that junk? i was like, what are you guys talking about?! it's a lancia delta!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    The last time I saw the guy that was driving the Itegrale he was driving a gray market Audi RS4 Avant...it was pretty sweet too :)

21. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    LOL, I saw that Lancia too, I must have been standing 30 feet behind you. I also had the "holy sh..." moment because of its rarity.

22. FiatRN

FiatRN Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Drout
    #48 FiatRN, Jun 7, 2012
  23. #49 FlyingAttackPorcupine, Jun 7, 2012
    Had a great time and got a ton of pictures which i'll try to upload. I did get another pic of the Delta Integrale, my favorite car at the show.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    That's markus' lancia. He had another red (non evo) that I nearly bought last year but I went with an Audi S2 instead. Good guy and good group of cars.

Excellent show, John. Well done indeed.