Anyone with information about Automezzi? | FerrariChat

Anyone with information about Automezzi?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Bradley, Feb 28, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    I know that last year's Automezzi was cancelled last year, and I heard a rumor that the sponsor had difficulty with the people that control the venue - but that's all I know; just the rumor.

Does anybody know anything about whether Automezzi will be held this year? If so, where?

I tried a Google search but could only find old websites for previous years.

It was a great event. I'd be sad if it's no longer being held. Heck, if it's dead, maybe I'll organize a show myself.

2. FiatRN

FiatRN Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Drout
    Bradley

Automezzi 2011 was canceled bc the Rky Mtn College of Art and Design refused to let us use their space, and they did so at the "last minute." We were unable to locate a space fast enough to have Automezzi on time, and so we first tried pushing the date back but then figured we should just cancel for the whole year. This was in concert with Tish no longer being our fearless leader, and then some shakeup of other local car folks towards the bitter end.

I am hoping Automezzi returns this year. However, I personally have been swamped with some other stuff in life and have not been part of the planning group as yet. Earlier tonight, before reading your post, I emailed some folk to get back in the loop (my new email address change was probably why I am so in the dark as to 2012). I will let FChat know as soon as I hear back.

Automezzi is good fun, but the venue really turned into a problem last year. We tried to keep it near the usual venue, and that proved impossible. That great state building across the street was totally unfriendly, and some local parks didn't work out bc things get sold at Automezzi, and you can't sell in a Lakewood park. Denver parks were more reasonable, but required a huge location change and money up front and other problems. Some private areas were offered, but they were enormous parking lots with not one whit of shade.

Automezzi used to be on the same campus as the CP show, with trees and grass and all, but years back the rental fee became too high for Automezzi's small budget.

Jonathan
    Denver, CO

3. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Thanks!

4. MichaelB145

MichaelB145 Karting

Apr 22, 2010
    at the Man Cave
    Full Name:
    Michael Bergren
    Automezzi isn't looking too good right now. Just talked to Tom who is the founder and he is still trying to get the right person to organize it. I don't have the time to put it together, however I will help promote it if they decide to have it.

Mike B

5. jmn

jmn Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    jmn
    Has anyone checked into the possibility of using the same park up in Arvada that the British Car Show uses? That is a great location with lots of space and shade; people were certainly selling things there last year.

6. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    Hi All. PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR JUNE 3.

I have agreed to take this on and work with Tom to ensure that Automezzi continues.
    We will be moving the venue, since the old location is no longer available, and too open/sunny anyway.

The event will benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

We have procured the 'event center' at Flatirons Marketplace (the old Bahama Breeze location) in Broomfield and will have plenty of parking for both Italian cars (and also a large separate lot for overflow (hopefully) and specialty parking for other enthusiasts.) General Parking will be at The Great Indoors.

Tom and I have walked this new location, and feel its great. We will have INDOOR areas, and patio areas around the center to hang out, get some food/beverages, visit with vendors and just plain relax outta the sun.

I would like to ask for help if anyone is able. We need to get the word out....sell advertising space in our Automezzi event booklet, and of course need volunteers the day of the event. The key to raising monies for JDRF will be to have 100 - 150 cars and sellout the advertisements.

So, if you have any questions, or can help in any way please feel free to contact me.

Website will be up for registration soon at www.automezzicolorado.com

Email: [email protected]
    cell: 720 480 1415

We hope that this event will be the best yet....

John Feeney

7. MichaelB145

MichaelB145 Karting

Apr 22, 2010
    at the Man Cave
    Full Name:
    Michael Bergren
    Hi John,

I am really happy things worked out! I was really worried that the show would die. Feel free to call me as I would be happy to help promote the show to my email list.

Michael Bergren
    303-279-7333 Man Cave office
    303-929-1998 cell

8. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    #8 JF308, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    #9 JF308, Mar 18, 2012
    Here is the venue map..... Plenty of space to spread out.
    Visitor parking across the main street at the currently vacant Great Indoors parking lot.

Note some of the patio areas at the event center to complement the INDOOR element for food/drink.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. MichaelB145

MichaelB145 Karting

Apr 22, 2010
    at the Man Cave
    Full Name:
    Michael Bergren
    This is very exciting that you stepped up and saved Automezzi!

11. ebehrendsen

ebehrendsen Karting

Sep 26, 2007
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Erik
    John,

Looks like its coming together nicely! Let me know what I can do to help.

12. MichaelB145

MichaelB145 Karting

Apr 22, 2010
    at the Man Cave
    Full Name:
    Michael Bergren
    Glad you asked Erik! Want to join us for the 1st Automezzi committee meeting next Wednesday? We only meet for a couple hours every month leading up to the show. If anyone else is interested in helping this year please let us know!

Mike

13. ebehrendsen

ebehrendsen Karting

Sep 26, 2007
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Certainly!

14. Tgreenshields

Tgreenshields Karting

Apr 3, 2010
    Greeley, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tim Greenshields
    Looking forward to this exciting event! Thanks for making it happen again and picking this wonderful location!

Tim

15. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    #15 JF308, Apr 23, 2012
  16. ebehrendsen

ebehrendsen Karting

Sep 26, 2007
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Come on guys and gals, we need you to register for the Automezzi! It's going to be a great show! Some really hard work has gone into bringing this back, thanks to John Feeney and the Automezzi committee! I got a chance last week to see the site, and it's got a fantastic layout that will show the cars and motorcycles in all their Italian glory! There's a restaurant and beer and wine will be served, too!

Join us for a great day, June 3, 2012!

Registration is open for cars and motorcycles at: https://www.automezzicolorado.com/

17. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    TWENTY cars pre-registered so far.... C'mon guys...LETS GET SOME CARS REGISTERED

CBS News Online will be there to do a photo gallery of the cars...so we have to have a great showing for their online web article/photos.

18. FiatRN

FiatRN Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Drout
    #18 FiatRN, May 1, 2012
    If I can scare up two more drivers, I'll bring the GT4 and my Fiat Spider. I'm glad for the return of the Mezzi - we just need the Fiat folks to get online...

Jonathan
    Denver, CO
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. vettesrule76

vettesrule76 Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    is there a facebook event page for it? i was thinking that could be a good idea, but it might have it's cons

20. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Jonathan, what part of town are you in? I don't have an Italian to bring but am spectating, bringing the family. So if wife drives the kids.....

PM me if you wish. If not, no worries.

21. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    Looking good for Automezzi, JUNE 3. 65 pre-registered vehicles so far, and we usually have an equal amount show up day of show.

EARLY REGISTRATION PREFERRED, so we can line up parking logistics.

Remember - INSIDE seating, Food, BEER AND WINE !!! (oh, yeah...and exotic cars, too.

www.automezzicolorado.com

Here are the Marque counts thus far (thru 5/27): This excludes the cars expected from Ferrari of Denver, Lamborghini of Denver, Maserati of Denver , and Fiat of North Denver.

Ferrari 15
    Fiat 11
    Lambo 5
    Alfa 8
    Pantera 5 (but expecting 15 to 20)
    Maserati 1
    Etceterini 3

Moto Guzzi 10
    Ducati 3

pending 4

REGISTER ONLINE....WWW.AUTOMEZZICOLORADO.COM

John Feeney
    720 480 1415

22. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    speaking about lamborghini of denver. is that the new dealership at sill-terhar in broomfield? i saw a orange aventador on 36 right around there

23. ebehrendsen

ebehrendsen Karting

Sep 26, 2007
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Erik
    That is correct!

24. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    awesome! it's so close to my house. if i ever get bored i can swing by and see what they got over there haha

25. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    Swing by Automezzi, and you can see them THERE !! Sill-Terhar is one of our lead Sponsors and will be bringing several cars.