anyone with experience in using headlight restorer on carbon fiber? | FerrariChat

anyone with experience in using headlight restorer on carbon fiber?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by odf911, May 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Hello, the CF inside of my car(dashboard) has lost its shine and looks rather dull ... i have seen complicated ways to restore CF on youtube and was rather looking for something simpler such as Plast-Rx from Meguiar's ... anyone has experience of such process? or anything easy that works on CF? Thanks!

2. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    You can use a mild polish that you would use for paint. By hand you may get decent results depending on how bad it is. You’ll need a polishing pad in a 2 or 3” size to use with your hands. This is with out seeing it so I’m not exactly sure what part of the dash you are concerned with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flash32 likes this.
  3. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Hello, thanks for the response. I have some Autoglym polish products as well as SwissVax and Zimol. All with various degree of abrasive power ... I may try the lightest first and see what happens. The part i want to restore is the upper side of the dash on a Ferrari 599. Cheers, Olivier.

MobileJay likes this.
  4. sardil

sardil Rookie

Sep 3, 2004
    Rockaway, NJ
    Full Name:
    Sardil Anam - www.theautom.at
    For neglected trim pieces, we use an all in one polish (Autoglym and Auto Finesse have great ones) to remove swirls and add some protection.

If it is dulled, I would recommend pulling it out, and using some small pads and Nano polisher and take your time polishing them. If you’re doing it in car, take your time to tape the edges and cover surrounding areas with plastic or towels to protect from splatter and dust.

I find that putting a coat of paste wax really adds pop and protects the trim.