Any serial number collectors around? | FerrariChat

Any serial number collectors around?

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Lars Theunissen, Jun 1, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lars Theunissen

Lars Theunissen F1 Veteran

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    Hello Ferrari friends around the world,

For about 17 years now, I have been keeping a database on individual Ferrari cars by serial number (chassis number, VIN). Since about six years, I have added a similar database on modern Lamborghinis too (Countach to current production).

This means I collect details like model, colours, plate and ownership history, when/where a car has been for sale (with mileage and price), crashes and modifications.
    For me it is very interesting to follow the individual cars this way, as many have quite surprising histories. You will see some examples originally delivered in Europe being sold to the USA, going through several owners & dealers there, being sold to Japan, then back to the USA, meanwhile having been restored with new paint & interior. Just as an example!

Now, there are thousands of people (or should I say: men) worldwide taking down numbers and keeping databases on airplanes or trains ("spotters"). But car-s/n-spotters are somehow a much more rare species. So I'm wondering, are there more people with the same hobby/passion like me out there? If yes, it would be nice to get in touch with you!
    You can respond to this thread, or send me a pm if you like.

Ciao,

Lars T.