Any owners in the Wichita, KS area? | Page 14 | FerrariChat

Any owners in the Wichita, KS area?

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by NSXER, Jan 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Axtellboy

Axtellboy Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 15, 2006
    Wichita, Kansas
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Doug and Shari- My condolences to you and your family.

Allen

2. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Dough and Shari, my condolensces and you and your family will be in our prayers.. Scott.

3. stopltracr

stopltracr Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    I heard about the accident on the news. I'm very sorry for your loss and my family will be praying for yours as well.

4. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    Any plans for this Saturday? Looks to be nice and sunny in the morning.

Brian

5. bjhunt1975

bjhunt1975 Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    oooooooooooohhhh, quite interested. Might have to bring the kiddo IF (big if at this point) I can make it. What were we thinking? I only have a couple hours at this point, but don't let me stop anyone elses plans.

BJ 737-6359 (just wanted to throw my phone number on there to Dougify my post a bit)

6. bjhunt1975

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    Time and place? The earlier the better, but as long as it's before noon it's fine. I think I can manage to sneak away without either kiddo, but the drive would need to be closer to Wichita for me.

-BJ

7. bjhunt1975

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    Jimmies diner area 9.00a work for anyone? or is that too early?

BJ

8. bjhunt1975

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    Internet is down at my house. leaving work. call me if somebody decides they want to go. 737.6359 BJ

9. bjhunt1975

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
  10. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Anyone interested in a track day event at hallet, around the first or second week in June? Does'nt seem like I'll be able to go due to scheduling conflicts but as far as I know, two friends of mine are going so far. One is a SCCA instructor and is bringing his porsche cup car and the other is bringing his viper. He also knows the owner of the slr in town and will be inviting him to join as well. Track is going to be closed off to the public for the day.

11. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Was out with the family today and I can't believe my wife beat me to it! She spots an 430, black before I did! Any body else see it today? Its the same guy that I've seen with the scaglietti, bentley conti and spur, 997tt and now a 430!

12. bjhunt1975

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    is that not the owner of poet the ethanol products place?

13. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I think so.

14. Axtellboy

Axtellboy Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 15, 2006
    Wichita, Kansas
    Full Name:
    Allen
    #339 Axtellboy, May 30, 2008
    Last edited: May 30, 2008
    Update on the Friday Night Show scene-- The show at the SW corner of West and Central is really taking off nicely, and the crowds are nearly as good as the Backyard Burgers crowds were last year and seem to be building each week. (The rival show at Bigs, mentioned in some posts above, has just about been surplanted by the West/Central show.) The lighting is great, and it's a convenient area. I'll post some pictures one of these weeks.

Also, I wanted to check to see if there was any interest in going to the Sedgwick County Zoo Father's Day car show on June 15th (8:30 to 4:00). The entry fee is $20, payable at the gate. I've attended (but not participated) quite a few times, and it's a good show.

It's also not too early to be thinking about the Automobilia show in Old Town on July 12th.

http://www.scz.org/event_list.html

15. bjhunt1975

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    Thanks for the update Allen. Was at Bigs a few weeks back and it wasn't apparently as big as it is now. Glad to hear it's growing.

16. Axtellboy

Axtellboy Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 15, 2006
    Wichita, Kansas
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Just to clarify-- The Bigs show (at Ridge and Central) likely won't survive. The Friday night show that's drawing good crowds is at Plaza West at the southwest corner of West and Central.

(BJ- Regarding your event in late June-- I will check my schedule, and see if I can make it. Thanks.)

17. bjhunt1975

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    Ok, got it now...didn't realize there were 2 shows so close. Thought the SW was a typo, but I should've known. You're an attorney. :) Thanks Allen.

18. Darell

Darell Rookie

Jun 28, 2007
    Guys how about we all decide on a date that each month we meet for breakfast or lunch and a drive? my vote is for the first Saturday of each month. This way we can all pencil in dates. What do you, guys think?
    Second a few of us have been talking about a Friday trip to KC to the weekly viper gathering, what Friday looks good for most of you?
    Darell

19. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Sound good Darell, btw, I still owe you one for last breakfast.

20. Johnny Rockit

Johnny Rockit Karting

May 10, 2008
    I'm good for the once a month meeting. We need to get something goin for guys that want a little more than taking the Camaro out to whatever dragstrip and dowinin Keystone by the case. "D" whats up with the Viper to Kansas City deal? This is a Ferrari Forum you know? I'm thinkin you need to break off the 512TR that you have i ballin. Remember,"Some people read Car and Track, you Live it!!!! As for me, I'm choosin my weapon carefully... C- Link Below J. Rockitt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-nMmQpKXp4

21. Axtellboy

Axtellboy Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 15, 2006
    Wichita, Kansas
    Full Name:
    Allen
    I'd "vote" for the first Saturday of the month, to keep things simple. (I'll be tied up the first Saturday of July, but we'll have some conflicts no matter what what date we select.)

Jimmy's Diner is handy, but perhaps someplace "less popular" or "bigger" would work better (recall we had to wait quite a while to get seated last time), so long as a large most-vacant parking lot was nearby. That said, I know that finding a good parking lot might be difficult, and I'm certainly fine with sticking with Jimmy's if that's the consensus.

(Darell- Regarding a KC trip- June is looking pretty booked, but I hope I could make a July/August date work.)

22. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    First Saturday of the month sounds good to me.
    This weekend several car shows are going on....one down here in Winfield as a benefit for a child that lost his life to cancer (proceeds will now benefit another child in Ark City with cancer) and another show in Augusta that is pretty big. Anyone interested?
    Doug - you came to the Augusta show last year and promised to bring a Lambo this year.....NOW IS THE TIME! We need to get at least 3 lambos there....where are you bonedoc!

Brian

23. bonedoc

bonedoc Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    I am here! I am actually in the process of installing carbon fiber on the interior or the murci. I was just going to finish it up last week and I was getting ready put the tunnel carbon in and realized I was shipped the e-gear piece, not the 6-speed. So, I am supposed to get the correct piece this week. I stinks because I cannot put the other parts back on because it is the bottom-most piece of the tunnel.

I also have my lights and other things removed to have them blacked-out. They should be done sometime this week.

Do you any of you guys know someone locally that can paint wheels? I want to make mine black.

24. bjhunt1975

Jul 22, 2006
    ICT
    Full Name:
    B.J.
    Ian. Give me a call if you like. I have a guy who can hand paint pin stripes...he's quite good and fairly reasonable.

BJ
    684-1700 wk

25. bonedoc

bonedoc Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    Hey BJ, does he do stripes only, or does he also paint large surfaces?

I need someone who can paint my wheels, and maybe disassemble them to do so.