Any McLaren F1 owners ? | FerrariChat

Any McLaren F1 owners ?

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Turbo360, Jun 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
  2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    There is one in Bahrein at least.

3. Forcefed

Forcefed Karting

Aug 14, 2009
    United Arab Emirates
    and more than 5 in Dubai

4. saadxj220

saadxj220 Karting

Oct 13, 2008
    Dubai, U.A.E
    R u sure? Or r u talking about the p1?

There was a rumour about a white f1 a while back but no spottings till date.

5. Forcefed

Forcefed Karting

Aug 14, 2009
    United Arab Emirates
    Sorry just noticed u guys r talking about the F1. I meant there is more than 5 P1s. In terms of F1s I know of 2 in Dubai and one in Abu Dhabi. Thete must be a few more hibernating thst I dont know about in the UAE.

6. saadxj220

saadxj220 Karting

Oct 13, 2008
    Dubai, U.A.E
    2 in dubai itself? Nice...

Have u seen them? Any chance of seeing them?

7. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    Sliver road car and there was a orange gtr not sure if the gtr is still in Bahrain or if it's been sold. The silver road car is still there.

8. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    That was sold for $14m

9. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    Orange car is at the McLaren Workshop getting serviced.

10. saadxj220

saadxj220 Karting

Oct 13, 2008
    Dubai, U.A.E
    So it's in dubai?

11. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    It's possible but there are several gtr's painted papaya orange that have been converted for road use so it could be one of the other one being serviced. Also 3 of the lm road cars are painted the same color. One of which is owned and displayed at the factory. Was the car you're talking about wearing any license plates?

12. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    2 McLaren F1s in the Middle East. That's it.

Silver roadcar that belongs to the ex rally champ.
    Orange GTR (converted to roadgoing spec) in Bahrain.

Rumours of it being sold for USD14M are just rumours. It's on a few websites with that asking price, but there is no evidence that it has been sold. If it has been sold, the sale price is not public info.

13. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    None of them were sold out of the ME area, owners will not sell them per, as for the white car that was bought in HK for 8M Euro, sold in CH for 11M CHF and then off to Germany sold for 14m USD.

So, Clarifying that.

14. saadxj220

saadxj220 Karting

Oct 13, 2008
    Dubai, U.A.E
    #14 saadxj220, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Yes, he has a silver one.

The white one is on its way to Germany. It may be transiting in Dubai or some other Middle Eastern country, or it may have sat there in a duty free port, but, per the post above, it was never owned by anyone in the ME and now it's headed to Germany.

Only 2 in the ME.

Turbo360, thanks for the clarification. Always great to read your informed posts about the F1. You're catching up to Peloton in terms of your knowledge!!!! Well, ok, not quite. But you get my drift! :)

16. 348 TS

348 TS Rookie

May 28, 2014
    Riyadh
    Full Name:
    Faisal bin saeed
    someone told me there is more than 2 in Bahrain only
    check his instagram he posted picture of the interior
    vintage_arabia

17. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    Yup, it finally got a new home. Wow, this was a ruthless deal.

Hong Kong to McLaren, then to Switzerland, next to Germany and now Middle East.

18. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011

I have no knowledge like "Peloton" as I talked with him a couple of times, and he's been a world of help and pointed in the right direction, as many times I heard of an F1 for sale in Japan, I didn't want to deal there on that high end of a car like that as there are to many people that talk. The dutch guy in Spain, that's one I'd like to forget, didn't own any cars and wanted money wired to a bank account blindly, In this day and age that someone would think a someone would wire $500K deposit into an account with out seeing the car psychically is out of their mind.

Furthermore my contacts in the middle east who were planning to buy this car for their client, I didn't bother to ask for who it was as it was none of my business. All I know we were a couple of days late and a couple million short what the seller wanted for the car.

If I got a chance to work on a project like this again, would I do it again ! Hell ya ! met a lot of gr8 people along the way and also learned alot in the process, not to mention where a couple of F1's sit not for sale at the moment.

19. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    The F1s that sit not for sale...surely you can reveal the country? Would be interesting to know (I think).

20. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    Nope. Thanks for the post though.

21. Meshari

Meshari Rookie

Jul 5, 2014
    There is at least one in Abu Dhabi.

22. saadxj220

saadxj220 Karting

Oct 13, 2008
    Dubai, U.A.E
    Any pics? ^

23. trmather

trmather Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2007
    Merseyside, UK
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Not so sure about that.

There are three in Bahrain and that's it for the Middle East.

#006 (black), #057 (silver) and #08R (Papaya Orange/LM lookalike)

Are we all so sure that the white one (would be chassis #053) is heading back to the ME? Doubly for any in Dubai/AD, is there any proof that Bin Sulayem owns one?

I mean, I wouldn't put it past him, and it would be nice if he did (would fit nicely with the CLK-GTR, 911 GT1, F50 and XJ220 from the 90's) because he's definitely an enthusiast and obviously a great driver, but AFAIK there is no proof he has one.

24. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    This conversation is kind of a mess up until the previous post.

The white road car was only rumored to have been going to the Middle East and that was back in 2007 when the photos inside the plane were snapped. That story was never confirmed and when the car came up for sale again it was in Switzerland instead and had supposedly been there for quite some time. As far as I am aware the car went from Japan to Hong Kong to Switzerland and is now headed for a collector in the USA. We'll see where it turns up next.

The rest of what's been presented here sounds like all the same rumors that have circulated before for many years without proof - such as the bin Sulayem story. There are enough photos of his cars in circulation on the web that if he also owned an F1 it wouldn't be some kind of mystery. I really doubt there's a single F1 in Dubai or in Abu Dhabi unless those are fairly recent additions to someone's collection - just no evidence to support those claims. The other thing to keep in mind is there aren't enough "missing" cars to fill all the garages that are supposed to have one.

>8^)
    ER

25. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    Already good friends with the company who certified all of the F1's in the USA, talked to him about it nothing was on the books for importing it. You're right many claim ownership but when offered to send out the tech's from McLaren to do an initial PPI on the car, oh man the myraid of stories to follow from im out of town to a knee jerk reaction the price changed from $8m to $14m. The white car as I know the dealer who had it and didn't negotiate on price sold for $11m and then went to a dealer in Germany and talked with an associate of the dealer the price last paid for it 13~14m.