Any F-Chat members from Pakistan?? | FerrariChat

Any F-Chat members from Pakistan??

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by vipermann123, Mar 16, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vipermann123

vipermann123 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2005
    Irvine, Ca
    Full Name:
    Uzy Malik
    I have been on this board for quite some time.
    I was just courious, how many members of F-chat are from Pakistan?

If you are, please PM me....I have some questions about Pakistan which I need answered.

I'll start .... I am originally born in Pakistan, but lived here since I was 6 months old.

Thanks
    UZY

2. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    My family is from pakistan, but I was born and raised in London. Been back a handful of times.

3. arezzo

arezzo Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2003
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    SH
    I am the third generation in Kuwait but my family is originally from Pakistan and I've lived there for 8 years. So if you have any questions PM me and I'll be happy to answer them for you.

Btw, quite a few F-cars now in Pakistan and more coming in. I remember many years ago in Lahore (where I'm from) I saw an abandoned Dino 246GT in dark silver/grey in a derelict house on the Upper Mall. The guy had other nice cars too, couple RRs, an old skool stretch Lincoln Limo and so on, was known as the "Gardener", made his money from greenification projects in Dubai in the 70s and 80s, don't know whatever happened to him.

That was back in the day, nowadays about 20 to 25 Ferraris running around in Lahore but don't know the deal in Karachi or Islamabad, could be more there. I know a couple of business group backed guys are planning to open an independent Ferrari/Exotic showroom soon with servicing facilities, a friend of mine told me Lamborghini is planning to open an official showroom, didn't have the time to check that info yet, should be interesting.

S

4. vipermann123

vipermann123 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2005
    Irvine, Ca
    Full Name:
    Uzy Malik
    Arezzo,

Cool!!...and thanks for the info.
    The best car i have seen in Pakistan is the LX470, Mercedes "S" class (Islamabad) , and 1 Viper and 1 Corvette (Karachi)

I'll be in Pakistan sometime in August of this year. (Yes, I know 110+ temps) but that's the only vacation I can take due to my schedule.

I will keep my camera with me..If I see any F-cars..I'll definately take a picutre.

My real issue was security ...you know anyone in tha Pakistani Army or Police who will protect me ..just in case.

Thanks,
    UZY

5. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Just don't bling yourself out when you're outside the major cities or you will draw unwanted attention. And with bling out I mean don't flash your cellphone, keep it in your pocket... If you're gonna rent a car, get what everyone drives (a Toyota Corolla) and fly low under the radar... It will get you from A - B with reliability...
    If you exchange your money on a currency shop, make sure you count every single rupee because they WILL try to scam - I've often exchanged 500.000 rs and got 480.000 rs - f'n losers...

August heat is strong but you'll get used to it after 4-5 days, the first days will probably be horrible. Lot of humidity so pack the thinnest underwear you've got - cause it often gets sweaty :p No need to get paranoid about security but just don't even consider travelling with cars when it's dark - a lot of weird stuff going on these days.

I got offer for two Porsche's stuck in customs in Lahore in December. A 996 Carrera 4 S Tip and a 987 Boxster (also Tip box) because the owner got them over from UK and the registration fee was sick (this the pakistani's demanded 70.00.000 rs. for both cars) so he decided to dump them both for about 20.000 £. I said no, because I just want to spend a whole lot of time learning how to drive RHD - too strange. And too many nutjobs on the road for my reaction times to handle...

I've seen last generation 7-series, 5-series, a whole bunch of 3-series, a Mazda RX-8, the new Mini, Land Rover's, relative many E-classes and so on.

So I read about the Ferrari's here and there: What's the deal? Who offers service/maintenance on those babies? Unless you're riding the new motorways from Islamabad - Lahore etc. I sure don't think Paksitan is ideal for any sportscar whatsoever...

And Lamborghini dealership/showroom in Pak? Talk about one car sale in a year dealership :) The rich guys are getting richer but without knowing the high end incomes I'm sure it's not far off to estimate less than one Murcielago customer per year... They are brutal when it comes to car taxes...

Oh and don't go "WTF" when you realize there often aren't any seatbelts in the rear seats lol

Wild wild west of the 20th century... Good luck! I know I experience more stuff there in 3 weeks than I've experience in Europe my whole life and I'm not kidding you :) But it's fun though.

Just my cents, don't know what you're after here :)